Suggestions for activities in Ushuaia for two persons

zitsky

Several of the NCL activities at Ushuaia are nature oriented (great!) but use a catamaran (not so great!). I still have memories of a catamaran trip in Hawaii during rough seas. It made me nauseous and very uncomfortable. Is this likely to be the case in Ushuaia (Beagle Channel)?

Does anyone have feedback, or suggestions for non NCL activities that aren't just driving trips?

Several of the NCL activities at Ushuaia are nature oriented (great!) but use a catamaran (not so great!). I still have memories of a catamaran trip in Hawaii during rough seas. It made me nauseous and very uncomfortable. Is this likely to be the case in Ushuaia (Beagle Channel)?

Does anyone have feedback, or suggestions for non NCL activities that aren't just driving trips?

Ask on the Ports of Call area of CC, for more feedback from those who aren't just NCL.

You may even get suggestions from locals or those who visit frequently, etc.

RM

You can walk up to the taxi stand and ask for a Taxi tour--it is a set price and quite reasonable (forgot what I paid for it last year). They will take you to a few spots where you can get out and walk around and take pictures--you can take as long as you want. The tour does not include admission to the park, which needs to be paid separately (can be paid by credit card). They will take you to the end of the world. Be sure to get a driver that speaks your language--ours sorta did, so we did okay, but one fluent in English might be hard to find. The taxi tour gets you back to port so you can walk around and have a drink or two before heading back to the ship.:D:D:D

You can walk up to the taxi stand and ask for a Taxi tour--it is a set price and quite reasonable (forgot what I paid for it last year). They will take you to a few spots where you can get out and walk around and take pictures--you can take as long as you want. The tour does not include admission to the park, which needs to be paid separately (can be paid by credit card). They will take you to the end of the world. Be sure to get a driver that speaks your language--ours sorta did, so we did okay, but one fluent in English might be hard to find. The taxi tour gets you back to port so you can walk around and have a drink or two before heading back to the ship.:D:D:D

Can you remember how long the taxi tours usually last? I’m strongly leaning in this direction for this port, since we want to have a bit of time to walk around Ushuaia. Our port time is 12 to 8. I’m hoping the shops in town don’t shutter at 5:00 pm.

Can you remember how long the taxi tours usually last? I’m strongly leaning in this direction for this port, since we want to have a bit of time to walk around Ushuaia. Our port time is 12 to 8. I’m hoping the shops in town don’t shutter at 5:00 pm.

If I remember correctly, it was a 3 hour tour, so we had plenty of time to stroll around town. The taxi rate is a flat rate, so if 2 couples go, the cost will be less. No need for reservations, you just walk to the taxi stand (just up the road from the tourist information center--the center is worth the visit as well!!)

If I remember correctly, it was a 3 hour tour, so we had plenty of time to stroll around town. The taxi rate is a flat rate, so if 2 couples go, the cost will be less. No need for reservations, you just walk to the taxi stand (just up the road from the tourist information center--the center is worth the visit as well!!)

Thanks. I checked the sunset times and it looks like it is still daylight quite late even in February. I’ll count on going it alone, but if we find another couple in line that wants to join us it might be an idea. It would still be cheaper than an NCL excursion with our shore-ex credit and latitudes discount or even a private excursion from what I have seen on line. We don’t mind if the driver’s English is limited. Tours communicating with the driver in Spanglish are half the fun.:D