MSC Seaside Balcony GTY Assignment

flcruiser9

Hi Everyone!

I was just wondering how far out from your cruise your guarantee room was assigned with MSC? I know that there is no set rule and it could be anytime, I'm just trying to get a general idea of when others get their room assignments.

If anyone has experience with the Seaside assignments specifically that would be great too!

Thanks!

Hi Everyone!

I was just wondering how far out from your cruise your guarantee room was assigned with MSC? I know that there is no set rule and it could be anytime, I'm just trying to get a general idea of when others get their room assignments.

If anyone has experience with the Seaside assignments specifically that would be great too!

Thanks!

We booked our Seaside cruise 9 weeks out. A GTY OV room. We were assigned a deck 14 mid ship balcony less than a week later. Needless to say, we were thrilled!

Thanks! I was assigned about two weeks after booking into the same cabin category that I booked (Bella balcony).

I'm really surprised to hear this; I think it's the first time I've heard of someone only being assigned the category that they were guaranteed.

• 4 months later...

MSC must be different.  I've booked gtys many time over the years and gotten exactly what I paid for.

I just booked an inside gty for Divina's upcoming transatlantic. Here's hoping. 

Edited by SeaTheW0rld

Possibly the secret on Seaside is to book a gty OV and you are almost guaranteed to get a balcony.  Why?  There are about 80 OV cabins, about equally divided between Bella and Fantastica.  There are over 1300 balcony cabins.  My reasoning was that if I booked a Bella OV gty, I might get upgraded to a Fantastica OV,  But If I booked a Fantastica OV gty I might get a balcony.  And I did.  After a few weeks, I was assigned a Fantastica balcony on deck 14 midships.  Incidentally, there are a lot more insides than OV cabins, so if you really want a balcony, spring for the OV gty.  EM

17 hours ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

MSC must be different.  I've booked gtys many time over the years and gotten exactly what I paid for.

I just booked an inside gty for Divina's upcoming transatlantic. Here's hoping. 

Update:  Booked inside Bella gty, yesterday.  Just checked my booking online.  I was assigned a Bella Balcony. Happy dance! First category upgrade since I began cruising in 1994. Thanks, MSC!

I have a different problem that I could use some valid suggestions.  We booked our upcoming MSC Seaside cruise 16 months out.  We are a party of 12 of which 6 are young grandchildren.  We booked what we were told were "family suites" that consisted of 3 connecting cabins each for a total of 6 cabins in a row.  We booked the Fantastica category.  We just found out those "family suites" are actually just connecting balcony cabins (4 cabins total - not 6) called "superfamily cabins", and that they won't be together and may not even be on the same deck.  I am so angry right now I can't see straight.  Since our party was so large they split the reservation into 2 reservations with separate confirmation numbers.  One is under my husband's name and the other is under my name.  Now with being told that those might not even be on the same deck means we aren't even going to be in the same cabin.  I would like suggestions on what to do if you have any.  PLEASE no 'funny' comments as this is not at all something to make light of to me.

5 minutes ago, breenw said:

I have a different problem that I could use some valid suggestions.  We booked our upcoming MSC Seaside cruise 16 months out.  We are a party of 12 of which 6 are young grandchildren.  We booked what we were told were "family suites" that consisted of 3 connecting cabins each for a total of 6 cabins in a row.  We booked the Fantastica category.  We just found out those "family suites" are actually just connecting balcony cabins (4 cabins total - not 6) called "superfamily cabins", and that they won't be together and may not even be on the same deck.  I am so angry right now I can't see straight.  Since our party was so large they split the reservation into 2 reservations with separate confirmation numbers.  One is under my husband's name and the other is under my name.  Now with being told that those might not even be on the same deck means we aren't even going to be in the same cabin.  I would like suggestions on what to do if you have any.  PLEASE no 'funny' comments as this is not at all something to make light of to me.

Not to criticize, but did you book specific cabin numbers or guarantees? 

If you booked specific cabins, get on them and hold your ground. 

If you booked guarantees, I'm afraid you're probably out-of-luck. That's the nature of the guarantees. 

The first thing you need to do upon boarding is speak with the maitre'd to make sure your bookings are linked so you will be seated together.