Status match question - sent in my second highest tier

Joebucks

So I submitted my IHG Spire Ambassador status to MSC which I thought would be my highest status. Got me Gold Voyager Club. Apparently, from what I've read now, Hilton Diamond will match you to Black, which I also have.

I immediately emailed this back to MSC and they won't do anything because of the "one time" match. I've read of others getting their status corrected. What can I do?

So I submitted my IHG Spire Ambassador status to MSC which I thought would be my highest status. Got me Gold Voyager Club. Apparently, from what I've read now, Hilton Diamond will match you to Black, which I also have.

I immediately emailed this back to MSC and they won't do anything because of the "one time" match. I've read of others getting their status corrected. What can I do?

I called and told them that I was told by the MSC rep to submit Carnival since I had 138 days on them instead of NCL which I only had 98 days on. The rep was wrong and I only received Gold for Carnival when I should have gotten Black for NCL. I was told to submit the status match again but use the NCL info. They changed our status to Black. But I did this the next day after I seen we were given gold.

I submitted a cruise ship status and was matched to MSC silver. I then realized a couple of months later that hotel status could also be used . I thought I was out of luck as I had read they would only match once but I went ahead and sent in my higher hotel status and got matched to gold with MSC. So maybe just try sending it in- can’t hurt and in my case it worked!

Hilton diamond matched to gold for me. It seems like it should match to black given other hotel comparables but they held firm.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But when did you do it? It looks to me like they recently started issuing Blacks for Diamond, but a year or so ago, used to give Gold

Would appreciate some help understanding how MSC handles their Status Match Program. How long did it take to get a response from MSC on the Status Match Program after you submitted the request? Tried to sign up for the Voyagers Club and could not, because I do not have a booking number. Is there a way to apply without a booking number? Lastly, did they actually send you a black card? Thanks for reading my post.

Hi all! I was actually going to start a thread to ask this...but this is the thread! I'm not high up on any one line's loyalty program....but I'll give it a try...which should I use? I'm guessing Carnival's?

Carnival Gold 38 days 3rd tier

NCL Silver 33 days 2nd tier

RCL Platinum 36 days 2nd tier

Howard

Hi all! I was actually going to start a thread to ask this...but this is the thread! I'm not high up on any one line's loyalty program....but I'll give it a try...which should I use? I'm guessing Carnival's?

Carnival Gold 38 days 3rd tier

NCL Silver 33 days 2nd tier

RCL Platinum 36 days 2nd tier

Howard

Check the link in post #8 to see which one is best.

Would appreciate some help understanding how MSC handles their Status Match Program. How long did it take to get a response from MSC on the Status Match Program after you submitted the request? Tried to sign up for the Voyagers Club and could not, because I do not have a booking number. Is there a way to apply without a booking number? Lastly, did they actually send you a black card? Thanks for reading my post.

You do not need to have a booking.

It took ours a week or so. We got emails with our Voyager Club numbers. Those numbers should be used when making a booking. There is no card sent. "Card" probably refers to your seapass card that you will get on the ship; it will note your level.

According to the link in the following, Hilton Diamond matches to Gold:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56584465&postcount=12

Thanks for this. How up to date is it? MSC told me the other day that Hilton Diamond matches to black. From what I've found, it looks like Diamond used to match to Gold, but MSC changed it

Suck it up!!

Thanks for this. How up to date is it? MSC told me the other day that Hilton Diamond matches to black. From what I've found, it looks like Diamond used to match to Gold, but MSC changed it

Just go ahead and send your Hilton Diamond status to MSC status match. That’s what I did and they changed my status. I was originally matched to silver with a cruise line status but then realized my hotel status would get me a higher level so I just submitted the hotel status and waited to see what happened. About a week later I got notice that my status was upgraded . I didn’t call to ask about it- I just went ahead and sent it in. Can’t hurt to try. All they can do is refuse to change it but it worked for me!

Thanks to this board, I sent in my status match for Hilton Diamond and, while I haven't received an email, I did just look in my booking and it shows that I'm now Voyager's Club Black, wow! Based on what I'd seen so far, I was expecting Gold so I was really surprised to get Black. I wouldn't have even known about this if not for you all, so thank you, thank you, thank you! I know my son and I will enjoy our first cruise with MSC even more with these benefits. I'm still a little shocked, but thankful!!

I tried to send a copy of a RCCL Crown and Anchor card to get a match but they denied it because the Platinum status was not stated on the card!! When I go to RCCL and look up the info they have it online but they only have my first name on the page!! I know MSC will turn that down!! Does anyone know if RCCL will send me something with my status and full name on it?

When we status match I was given Blaxk for my NCL level , for some reason he sent in a hotel program he had and was given Silver. when called to resubmit they were very cordial and told him to resubmit the paper work. they changed his status before he had a change to fax the info to her. PReety good service since they did it the day after we returned from our cruise. Which is unheard of . however , A few months latelr they changed the dinner perk, so we really did 't gain much .

I tried to send a copy of a RCCL Crown and Anchor card to get a match but they denied it because the Platinum status was not stated on the card!! When I go to RCCL and look up the info they have it online but they only have my first name on the page!! I know MSC will turn that down!! Does anyone know if RCCL will send me something with my status and full name on it?

I did a screen shot of mine and my spouse's personal information page on the RCCL website. The screen shot included the top part (picture that included my name, C&A number, C&A status and points) and included my full name as shown in the personal information. I submitted it with my match request. It took them about a week to email us back with our match (Black). Hope this helps.

Tanker