Seaside Standard vs Premium Internet

pmb526

• 4 months later...

Can only 1 person in the cabin book an internet package or does it require both to book? I'm looking at the Standard Package which is for 2 devices. Thanks for anyone with insight or experience with this.

Update: O.K. I was able to only book for one, but now I'm thinking only one device can be logged in at a time? Any help with that? Thanks!

Edited by gimletgal

If it is for 2 devices you can log in 2 different devices. On MSC it means you can only register two devices to use. Example, I register my phone and wife's phone for internet. I cannot log off my phone and then log in a tablet. Once you register those two devices, shipboard wifi will not let you add another device to package.

I registered tablet to do reading and wifes phone. Later on, I logged off tablet, so that I could use my phone instead. System said I had already reached my cap of device and would not let my cell phone onto network. So MSC packages are device specific unlike royal where if package is for 2 devices, it means 2 devices on network at once. But you are able to use different devices just not more than 2 at a time.

Can only 1 person in the cabin book an internet package or does it require both to book? I'm looking at the Standard Package which is for 2 devices. Thanks for anyone with insight or experience with this.

Update: O.K. I was able to only book for one, but now I'm thinking only one device can be logged in at a time? Any help with that? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks frank808! Appreciate your explanation and if I interpreted it correctly if we have our 2 devices registered we can also be on line at the same time without a hiccup. :)
Yes both will be able to be online at same time. Those two will be the only devices you can use the onboard internet with.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

If it is for 2 devices you can log in 2 different devices. On MSC it means you can only register two devices to use. Example, I register my phone and wife's phone for internet. I cannot log off my phone and then log in a tablet. Once you register those two devices, shipboard wifi will not let you add another device to package.

I registered tablet to do reading and wifes phone. Later on, I logged off tablet, so that I could use my phone instead. System said I had already reached my cap of device and would not let my cell phone onto network. So MSC packages are device specific unlike royal where if package is for 2 devices, it means 2 devices on network at once. But you are able to use different devices just not more than 2 at a time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for this post. I was assuming I could share a login by logging out and back in with another device. I thought the 2 device package would work. I don't think it will now.

I need both our iPhones and our Computer & Tablet.

--Russ

Thank you so much for this post. I was assuming I could share a login by logging out and back in with another device. I thought the 2 device package would work. I don't think it will now.

I need both our iPhones and our Computer & Tablet.

--Russ

I find it weird also that you could only register 2 devices. Like royal caribbeans way better as it is 2 devices at once. With msc internet it is a package of data. Why not just let only 2 devices on at one time?

I find it weird also that you could only register 2 devices. Like royal caribbeans way better as it is 2 devices at once. With msc internet it is a package of data. Why not just let only 2 devices on at one time?

It is not royal Caribbean

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, that is weird. Especially since they are metering your data. I could see they don't want you to share your login with friends if it's unlimited. But since you are paying for a fixed amount of data, I don't see why they would care. Well, I guess it forces some to upgrade to the bigger (4 dev) packages.