Should this thread just be for Seaside and yacht club ?!?1

jaxw17

It’s simple: if people have more questions to ask about Seaside or the YC, then there will be more threads asking those questions.

It’s a new ship, based in the US (where the majority of cruise critic users are from), so it’s understandable that a large number of posts are about Seaside.

If we’re giving opinions or thoughts on other MSC ships then here ya go: sailed on Divina in an Inside Fantastica on a Caribbean itinerary - absolutely loved it. Dare I say I’m travelling on Seaside in YC (bear with me here!), but would also very much like to travel on one of MSC’s smaller or mid-sized ships like Opera or Musica, and am undecided what itinerary I’d want; perhaps Fjords, or Cuba... or a classic Mediterranean?

I have noticed on here that most of the questions, comments and posts are about seaside and in particular Yacht club.

Come on give us some opinions on the other ships that MSC have

Newer ships will dominate the board for nearly every cruise-line. It is even more likely when it is not only a new ship but a new class of ship. Add to that the fact that Seaside is the first MSC ship designed specifically for the North American market. It shouldn't be a surprise that Seaside currently dominates the MSC section.

As for the amount of Yacht Club questions/comments, the concept of "ship-within-a-ship" is either new to some people or is being compared to NCL's Haven. People either want to know what all the fuss is about or which is better (everyone knows which is less expensive :D).

If MSC would release some World Class ship info, that topic would dominate the forum.....so, MSC should release some World Class ship info! (or release some more 2020 dates for booking)

At the moment there are six threads on the main page with ship names in the title other than Seaside - Magnifica, Meraviglia, Musica, Poesia, Armonia and Preziosa. Then there are other threads not related to Seaside, either. Yes, Seaside is the dominant subject on the forum, but it's not ALL Seaside.

There was a similar situation on the forum when Divina first went to the US - it was almost wall-to-wall 'Divina' and a request was made to create a sub-forum specifically for Divina-related threads. When Seaside was first announced, I expected the forum to go the way it has. Next year, I predict it'll be Meraviglia just before she heads stateside.

At the moment there are six threads on the main page with ship names in the title other than Seaside - Magnifica, Meraviglia, Musica, Poesia, Armonia and Preziosa. Then there are other threads not related to Seaside, either. Yes, Seaside is the dominant subject on the forum, but it's not ALL Seaside.

There was a similar situation on the forum when Divina first went to the US - it was almost wall-to-wall 'Divina' and a request was made to create a sub-forum specifically for Divina-related threads. When Seaside was first announced, I expected the forum to go the way it has. Next year, I predict it'll be Meraviglia just before she heads stateside.

we will be on Meraviglia next September heading to America.

we will be on Meraviglia next September heading to America.

We'll be on a month later :D Looking forward to trying her out again. We were on one of her first sailings; everything was up in the air at the time. Hopefully the transition from the Med set-up to being US-based will be smoother. :rolleyes:

We'll be on a month later :D Looking forward to trying her out again. We were on one of her first sailings; everything was up in the air at the time. Hopefully the transition from the Med set-up to being US-based will be smoother. :rolleyes:

Which one will you be on? All these years of your providing MSC advice, will I finally to get put a name to a face?!!

We are booked on Oct 18.

Which one will you be on? All these years of your providing MSC advice, will I finally to get put a name to a face?!!

We are booked on Oct 18.

So are we! :) Hopefully CC will set up an M&M arrangement with MSC for this ship. Otherwise, we will definitely have to arrange our own. ;)

So are we! :) Hopefully CC will set up an M&M arrangement with MSC for this ship. Otherwise, we will definitely have to arrange our own. ;)

(y)

I haven't ventured over to roll call yet to see if there is a thread for this sailing. I have to deal with planning for Divina this Dec then Seaview in June before I will start on Meravigilia.

(y)

I haven't ventured over to roll call yet to see if there is a thread for this sailing. I have to deal with planning for Divina this Dec then Seaview in June before I will start on Meravigilia.

We're on Seaview in August! We'll be on Armonia in January, so, like you, my focus is on those first.

I have noticed on here that most of the questions, comments and posts are about seaside and in particular Yacht club.

Come on give us some opinions on the other ships that MSC have

I noticed the same thing. I think it's partly due to Seaside being a new ship; partly because the other ships are in Europe and with a largely European clientele (rather than North American/English-speaking), and partly because for some reason all the boards have an inordinate number of posts about suites/upper category rooms rather than regular rooms (I am not sure why since the percentage of people in those cabins is so small).