Miami bus transfers.

ssmea03

Debarked from the Seaside in MIA just last week. I had not made any arrangements and was heading to grab a taxi, but asked one of the MSC staff holding a shuttle sign for pricing and if they would be leaving quickly (I had plenty of time before my flight but did not want to sit around and wait for a large bus to fill up). I was quoted $16 for the MSC shuttle, but he then added that there were other shuttles available for $10. The staff member then pointed me in to the right and another small desk with a small MIA shuttle sign. I travel solo and when they heard it was just me, I was directed straight to a waiting minibus and took the last seat (front passenger seat) and the minibus immediately left and in no time I was at MIA and checking in for my flight for a grand total of $10 plus a tip for the driver! It was almost too quick as I then had lots of time to kill before my noon flight!

I bumped into some other fellow MSC cruisers while checking in for my flight - they had used the MSC shuttle (they had not made any prior arrangements they just thought it was the only shuttle option from the port as they had not seen the alternative shuttle desk) and they had had a long wait for the bus to fill up at MIA port!

I know I probably was lucky that the shuttle company was looking for that last single to fill up the minibus but it does show that sometimes no planning can work out! (And I do wonder how much "extra" that MSC staff member gets for filtering people to the private shuttle company?)