Yacht club MSC Splendida

swanmark

Hi Guys,need some feedback please. We are thinking of booking the MSC Splendida Yacht Club in January from Dubai. The problem is we have read so many negative reports about MSC being terrible, like the friendliness, the food etc. I haven't read that many good reports to be honest, but I also cant see that it cant be that bad especially in the Yacht Club. has anyone got any feedback please about splendida and the yacht club. thanks

• 1 year later...

This is my first Splendida,  But because I am Elite on Princess there are all kinds of perks I am trying to become familliar with.  I am totally excited about the itinerary, The 54 day Shanghai to Hamburg is the longest cruise I have ever gone on.  It is actually 3 cruises back to back so I am not sure how that will work for getting off the boat to see some places.  I have pre purchased some MSC tours ( I hope they are good).  I cant find how to make a roll call for Dubai to Genoa.  Ive put a Rome in Limo note for when we go to Rome for anyone wanting to see outside of Rome, but so far no one has expressed interest.  

I have also pre purchased lauundry packages but they are only for one time 40 items .  I am not sure about looking at the spa packages.. What is your view? anything that is a "must do" on the Splendida? Thanks,

Jessica

We are very excited about the itinerary too. When we previously did a B2B we simply had to check in again with guest services/concierge and that was all. If you're changing cabin you 'll need to co-ordinate this but the crew will be happy to help. Allowing time to do that may impact getting off to visit but if you're not there should be an issue at all.  We have spa access included in our booking, we won't really use it much, we never have, so a spa package is only of value if you are going to use it regularly. I couldn't declare anything a 'must do' as it's always personal taste, apart from have a great cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're in a Yacht Club suite, spa access is free (except massages).  Plus there's a direct elevator from YC decks 15 and 16 down to the spa on 14 (on Splendida and all the Fantasia class ships).  To get back up you just slip your YC cruise card into the reader. 

On 11/24/2019 at 5:20 PM, CruisingFox27 said:

..... We're heading off on Splendida again next year,  a similar repositioning to Beamafar but Shanghai to Dubai. 

Reading your Splendida review I note you missed a few ports of call.  That highlighted to me the Cruise Add-on with our Travel Insurance which cost £40/yr (couple).  It gives £150/pp compensation for every port of call missed plus quite a few other valuable benefits. I definitely will add to my annual policy, could be worthwhile.

Edited by mickey89