Tell Me All About Princess Cay

Ocean Dancer

Carnival changed our Grand Turk day to Princess Cays. Very upset about this because there are still I other ships around us going to GT. If I wanted a beach day I would have booked a beach day. [emoji35]. Since it’s a Carnival ship using a Princess island will we be sharing the island with Princess that day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just back from Princess Cays. The tenders were very efficient. On our sailing, there was no need to get tender tickets and wait to be called. We were told to go forward, only to be sent back to midship as the forward tender was full. Nice white sand, but water shoes are a must if you want to get in the water. The walk into the water is sandy, then shells and small rocks, followed by large boulders with slimy seaweed on them. If you walk out about 25 feet from shore, you will find nice sandy bottom. There was an area for snorkeling. Shade is at a premium. We took our time getting to the island, so we had to scout out a shade tree, as all the loungers were taken under the pavilions scattered about. Tendering back was also easy. There are stone pathways, and the sand was also walkable. We went left as we got off the tenders and walked almost to the dining pavilion before finding a shade tree.

We rented a cabana at Princess Cays last year. It was $199 for 4 people. The cabana itself is air conditioned, with a table & chairs, hooks to hang your bags, etc. on and a couple of small shelves. There were 2 loungers on the patio of the cabana and 2 loungers in the yard of the cabana under an umbrella. Bartender checked on us frequently to keep our ice bucket full of cold beer. We were sailing Princess at the time, but I would expect everything to be the same on a Carnival sailing. There are 2 sections of Cabanas. We did the first section - the second section was a higher grade/price - I think maybe adults only? We didn't walk around a whole lot, so other than the buffet & the cabana, I don't have lots of info.

Carnival changed our Grand Turk day to Princess Cays. Very upset about this because there are still I other ships around us going to GT. If I wanted a beach day I would have booked a beach day. [emoji35]. Since it’s a Carnival ship using a Princess island will we be sharing the island with Princess that day?

Grand Turk is at limited capacity. They couldn't just return all ships there as if nothing happened.

While it is possible you will be sharing the island, its highly doubtful.

My personal opinion: Grand Turk is just a beach day. Outside of the beach, there really isn't much at GT.

Carnival changed our Grand Turk day to Princess Cays. Very upset about this because there are still I other ships around us going to GT. If I wanted a beach day I would have booked a beach day. [emoji35].

Umm....what precisely were you going to do at Grand Turk that wouldn't be encompassed by a "beach day"?

Grand Turk is at limited capacity. They couldn't just return all ships there as if nothing happened.

While it is possible you will be sharing the island, its highly doubtful.

My personal opinion: Grand Turk is just a beach day. Outside of the beach, there really isn't much at GT.

Thanks for that info. Just always wanted to go to Turks. We had an excursion booked but my friend did it so I’m not sure what it was. But we will be happy no matter what.

• 4 months later...
Just back from Princess Cays. The tenders were very efficient. On our sailing, there was no need to get tender tickets and wait to be called. We were told to go forward, only to be sent back to midship as the forward tender was full. Nice white sand, but water shoes are a must if you want to get in the water. The walk into the water is sandy, then shells and small rocks, followed by large boulders with slimy seaweed on them. If you walk out about 25 feet from shore, you will find nice sandy bottom. There was an area for snorkeling. Shade is at a premium. We took our time getting to the island, so we had to scout out a shade tree, as all the loungers were taken under the pavilions scattered about. Tendering back was also easy. There are stone pathways, and the sand was also walkable. We went left as we got off the tenders and walked almost to the dining pavilion before finding a shade tree.

How deep is the water?

Guess I'll never know...LOL

Just got off the Pride and we stopped there. Seas were rough and the tenders were delayed. I opted to skip it since I've been to private islands before....HMC, Coco Cay, Labadee

Those that did go came back and said HMC was a lot better.

Maybe next time....:D

We rented a cabana at Princess Cays last year. It was $199 for 4 people. The cabana itself is air conditioned, with a table & chairs, hooks to hang your bags, etc. on and a couple of small shelves. There were 2 loungers on the patio of the cabana and 2 loungers in the yard of the cabana under an umbrella. Bartender checked on us frequently to keep our ice bucket full of cold beer. We were sailing Princess at the time, but I would expect everything to be the same on a Carnival sailing. There are 2 sections of Cabanas. We did the first section - the second section was a higher grade/price - I think maybe adults only? We didn't walk around a whole lot, so other than the buffet & the cabana, I don't have lots of info.

Was your cabana closer to the snorkel rental shop /grill or closer to the bathrooms/volleyball/basketball areas? Did you like your cabana location? Do you remember your cabana number? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It was #10 & close to a beach bar. It was pink with green trim & name on front was Coco Plum. It was a pretty good walk to the buffet grill. I don't even remember volleyball & basketball. I don't think the bathrooms were terribly far away. I think someone on these boards posted a pic of the map. You could try doing a search & see if it comes up.

Is it tendered? Is there easily shade? Can you snorkel with own equipment? Can you walk the beach? Are there paths? Is there any vender shopping? How big is the Island? Where is the best area to go?

Thanks so much..........will check back tomorrow:D

Princess Cay is tendered. We crossed the small foot bridge to the right side of the island which was much quieter and had plenty of shade (we had FTTF and were there early though). There were paths to the food, restrooms, and play ground areas. Vendor shopping was small on the right hand side and cash, but still a nice variety (got a bracelet and necklace for $5 and $7 as gifts) - the main side had a small straw market with more items but more crowds (and it looked more mass produced).

We saw people with their own snorkeling equipment and it sounds like there is very good snorkeling at Princess Cay. Definitely wear water shoes as it is rough/uneven/rocky entering the water.

Isn't Half Moon Cay Carnival's private island?

HMC is Holland America and Princess Cay is Princess, but both are owned by Carnival.

HMC is supposed to have the softer sand.