possible gift card scam

grest

I got an email from giftcards@carnivalgiftcards.com about 1/2 hour ago. The email claimed to have Important Information About your Carnival Gift Card. It said that Carnival (complete with Carnival logo) had upgraded their gift card platform and needed to resend my card....I had to "click here" to proceed. Seemed fishy to me, so I called Carnival. They were not aware of this email. Moreover, I checked the numbers of the gift cards I had, and all were still just fine. I was advised not to "click here". Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Lol, my piggie fingers apparently hit something wrong......

I was TRYING to say That it's a shame that scammers are apparently becoming a part of Every aspect of our lives. I guess it was just a matter of time before they hit One of Our most enjoyable pastimes, Cruising.

I'm very glad that you were suspicious of it AND called Carnival. Hopefully MANY will read and take heed of your post.

Wowza, it's really a shame that scamm

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

I got an email from giftcards@carnivalgiftcards.com about 1/2 hour ago. The email claimed to have Important Information About your Carnival Gift Card. It said that Carnival (complete with Carnival logo) had upgraded their gift card platform and needed to resend my card....I had to "click here" to proceed. Seemed fishy to me, so I called Carnival. They were not aware of this email. Moreover, I checked the numbers of the gift cards I had, and all were still just fine. I was advised not to "click here". Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

So I actually received the same email, and called them about it and they wanted copy of email to look into it. But I did click on it and it had the same exact information that my original card had on it (card# & pin #), not sure how they would have obtained that information. Also this was a free promotional card that was issued as part of the Carnival MC promotion back in the spring. The only difference is that this card has a barcode also on it. So not sure if it is a scam or not, maybe just updating their platform as stated. She said she would have to call me back. Made me curious as to all the Verizon & AARP e-cards that have been issued and whether they will have to be updated also.

So I actually received the same email, and called them about it and they wanted copy of email to look into it. But I did click on it and it had the same exact information that my original card had on it (card# & pin #), not sure how they would have obtained that information. Also this was a free promotional card that was issued as part of the Carnival MC promotion back in the spring. The only difference is that this card has a barcode also on it. So not sure if it is a scam or not, maybe just updating their platform as stated. She said she would have to call me back. Made me curious as to all the Verizon & AARP e-cards that have been issued and whether they will have to be updated also.

The Carnival rep said that they were not updating their platform, suggested that as Christmas nears, scams become more frequent

Got the same email. Ive already redeemed the card onboard last week so it definitely seemed fishy to me.

I got the e-mail too. All of the gift cards purchased from AARP about 10 days ago were applied to final payment. They went through with no problem. I agree that it is a scam.

Got the same e-mail. Called my PVP to see if she knew anything - like did a friend get us a gift card. She gave me an 800 number for Gift Card Fulfillment (1-866-270-1064.) I called and it was answered by Gift Card Fulfillment. They asked for the card number. I gave it to them and they said "yes that is a valid card number and it has no expiration date."

Not sure what the scam would be. However, I will not include it in my budget for our upcoming cruise. :D

Yup. I got the same email. 4 of them. And the cards all had balances of .05 on them. I haven't purchased gift cards in a few months and I don't get ecards. The reason why they stopped offering them through Verizon and AARP before was because of security concerns. I'm fine waiting for the cards in the mail. I don't know if the emails I got had legit card #s from ones that I've used before, but I deleted them all. I can do without the .20. The rep told me that the gift card system could be updating and that I might receive more. They were not sent from a scam website. Guess who you get on the phone determines what answer you will get. Anyway, no ecards for me.

It is not a scam. This is for gift cards purchased last April at a promotion where you got a $100 gift card for $85, limit one. I was able to get 2 because I have 2 different paypal accounts for my wife and I.

I used them a few months ago. I used the entire $100 on one and $99.98 on the other. I got the 2 emails today and printed the gift cards and checked them on Carnival's web site to see if they were good. The one that I used $100 on was worth $0 and the one I used $99.98 off of was worth 2 cents.

Evidently, they are replacing all the gift cards they sold and if you used them the replacement is worth nothing or whatever you had left on your card. They say that if you did not use the ecards you got in that promotion in April then you must use the new ecards instead. But since they have the same serial numbers and pin numbers it won't matter using them online however the barcode may be different if it is scanned.

It is not a scam. This is for gift cards purchased last April at a promotion where you got a $100 gift card for $85, limit one. I was able to get 2 because I have 2 different paypal accounts for my wife and I.

I used them a few months ago. I used the entire $100 on one and $99.98 on the other. I got the 2 emails today and printed the gift cards and checked them on Carnival's web site to see if they were good. The one that I used $100 on was worth $0 and the one I used $99.98 off of was worth 2 cents.

Evidently, they are replacing all the gift cards they sold and if you used them the replacement is worth nothing or whatever you had left on your card. They say that if you did not use the ecards you got in that promotion in April then you must use the new ecards instead. But since they have the same serial numbers and pin numbers it won't matter using them online however the barcode may be different if it is scanned.

Correct, this is not a scam email. The website that the link takes you too is hosted by the same carnival gift card web address that you purchase gift cards, send e-cards, and check the balance of current cards.

I received 3 emails and clicked through on all 3 of them. They gave me the correct balance on each of the 3 cards. Each of the 3 card numbers matched up to the e-cards purchased earlier this year on a website known as "dailygetaways" where you were able to buy up to 3 $100 gift cards for $85 each.

Not a scam.

That domain is actually owned by Carnival.

Registry Registrant ID:

Registrant Name: CCL Administrative Contact

Registrant Organization: Carnival Corporation

Registrant Street: 3655 N.W. 87 Avenue

Registrant City: Miami

Registrant State/Province: FL

Registrant Postal Code: 33178

Registrant Country: US

Registrant Phone: +1.3055992600

Registrant Phone Ext:

Registrant Fax: +1.3054065498

Registrant Fax Ext:

Registrant Email: internic.admin@carnival.com

That's good to know, I actually received my $100 gift card for free from Carnival MasterCard for applying for a new credit card and purchasing xxx amount of purchases within 3 months. Now that you mention it, it was back around April or so that I received it. Must have something to do with that time specifically. Like I stated earlier the new e-card had the exact same #'s as the original e-card did, so I didn't think it was a scam. Now I feel better about taking it on my cruise next month for redemption. Thanks for sharing and updating this information! :D