Southampton check in time with Royal Caribbean

Garfield13

Hi there

I wonder if anyone has experience of check in times with Royal Caribbean in Southampton.

I’m going on Independence of the seas later this year. How strict is Southampton at making you stick to your allotted checkin time? My set sail pass says check in time is from 10:30 to 15:00, but my travel agent says I will be given a more precise time.

I will be travelling with my family including two young children, 3 and 1 year old. Will they turn us away if early? I am told there is nothing to do at the terminal, so I don’t want to be stuck there.

If we are turned away will they take our luggage early allowing us to nip into town for a bit?

Thanks in advance.

Garf

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Garfield,

Yes, check-in is staggered, to avoid ridiculously long queues.

How strictly they adhere I don't know - and it my depend on whether they're snowed-under (awful pun intended :rolleyes:) at the time.

Where are you travelling from?

And by what means?

If you're allocated a late boarding window & that's inconvenient - for instance you're flying & there's only one suitable flight - you or your TA could ask for a more-appropriate time.

Whatever boarding time, you can deposit your checked luggage as soon as the luggage-drop ( to the right of the terminal entrance) is open. ?10.30am sounds rather early?

You can add your hand-luggage if you like - there'll be spare labels at the baggage drop - but remember to keep with you your passports/documents, valuables, meds & anything else you might need before your bags arrive at your cabin door.

The city centre is only a ten-minute walk from RCI's terminal (City Cruise Terminal, berth 101) - plenty of shops, cafes, some minor sights. Bear in mind that if it's a sunday shops will open later.

JB :)

Hi Garfield,

Yes, check-in is staggered, to avoid ridiculously long queues.

How strictly they adhere I don't know - and it my depend on whether they're snowed-under (awful pun intended :rolleyes:) at the time.

Where are you travelling from?

And by what means?

If you're allocated a late boarding window & that's inconvenient - for instance you're flying & there's only one suitable flight - you or your TA could ask for a more-appropriate time.

Whatever boarding time, you can deposit your checked luggage as soon as the luggage-drop ( to the right of the terminal entrance) is open. ?10.30am sounds rather early?

You can add your hand-luggage if you like - there'll be spare labels at the baggage drop - but remember to keep with you your passports/documents, valuables, meds & anything else you might need before your bags arrive at your cabin door.

The city centre is only a ten-minute walk from RCI's terminal (City Cruise Terminal, berth 101) - plenty of shops, cafes, some minor sights. Bear in mind that if it's a sunday shops will open later.

JB :)

Hi John

Thanks for your response.

I’m really not travelling far. Live in a village outside Southampton and work in the city so know it all well. We are travelling by taxi so just needed to know for timing of the booking. Planning ahead and also want to maximise time onboard and grab lunch on their if we can.

May chance early boarding around midday and head into town if unable to get on.

Thanks

Garf

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, Garf... we've walked through City gates, next to the Holiday Inn, soon after 10.30am, when the gates open, and found the stevedores bus next to the drop off point, so left our cases with them and walked back to the HI for coffee. Our time was 12.15- I think that was deck 8's time- so we stayed at the HI and then walked back through the gates- there's a pedestrian route marked out.