Seaside Embarkation lunch

gamblinmon

Actually before MSC was very strict on this, they checked the cruise cards on embarking days and did not allow you in the MDR for lunch. But I heard that on the Meraviglia (which has almost every port lots of passengers embarking and disembarking) they are not so strict anymore especially when you are not embarking in Genoa. I did not try, when I went on the ship it was already 14:00 and I was happy with the buffet.

MDR and buffet are the only options anyway.

Actually before MSC was very strict on this, they checked the cruise cards on embarking days and did not allow you in the MDR for lunch. But I heard that on the Meraviglia (which has almost every port lots of passengers embarking and disembarking) they are not so strict anymore especially when you are not embarking in Genoa. I did not try, when I went on the ship it was already 14:00 and I was happy with the buffet.

MDR and buffet are the only options anyway.

Are you trying to say that the MDR is open for those who are already on the ship but not for guests who are just arriving? That's really not an issue for Seaside, unless they choose to do an MDR lunch for B2B guests.

And speciality restaurants could be open.

:evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

Are you trying to say that the MDR is open for those who are already on the ship but not for guests who are just arriving? That's really not an issue for Seaside, unless they choose to do an MDR lunch for B2B guests.

And speciality restaurants could be open.

Yes, this was a very strict policy by MSC for many years on all their ships. Anyway for us it is more relaxed to go to the buffet after embarkation than trying to get into the MDR before they close.

• 2 weeks later...

If I remember correctly when we were on the Divina last April the sports bar was open for lunch. Does the sports bar or the garage bar serve food? If so anyone know if they will be open for lunch on embarkation day? Thanks

If I remember correctly when we were on the Divina last April the sports bar was open for lunch. Does the sports bar or the garage bar serve food? If so anyone know if they will be open for lunch on embarkation day? Thanks

From earlier reports, Sports Bar only serves wings. No idea on if it will be open for embarkation lunch.