Favorite Breakfast on your cruise?

trinaM

Poached eggs on corned beef hash is always good. Kadota figs in syrup and warm brioche with butter...mmmmmmmmm.

We were on a transatlantic crossing from Southampton on RCI and I suppose they were trying to finish up the supplies. We were treated to a mountain of English bangers (fat sausages made with cereal) every morning. They were one of my all-time favorite breakfast foods.

Richard 1224 (of what 's your favorite cruise breakfast) Said: I always start my first morning with a toasted bagel with cream cheese and bacon--great sandwich! Pair that with a ham and cheese omlette--breakfast potatoes---a link or two of sausage--and of course some fresh fruit,

So i ask you:

What is YOUR Favorite breakfast on your Cruise? Is the first day Breakfast different?[/quote

Omelet ,any kind

• 2 weeks later...

First breakfast of a cruise is - tropical fruit salad with yogurt or continental breakfast of ham and cheese slices with watermelon.

By the middle of the cruise - Bacon, sausage, egg, baked beans with fresh fruit.

End of cruise - A bit of everything! Donuts, syrup, bacon, sausage, bagel, french toast, muffin! and some melon!!!

Got to love the diversity of cruising x

• 3 months later...

I always look forward to eggs benny several different ways on HAL ships, and love that having them made to order I can get the perfectly soft-poached eggs. And if I have breakfast in the dining room, grabbing some of the elusive chocolate croissants from the pastry trays. They always go first!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Richard 1224 (of what 's your favorite cruise breakfast) Said: I always start my first morning with a toasted bagel with cream cheese and bacon--great sandwich! Pair that with a ham and cheese omlette--breakfast potatoes---a link or two of sausage--and of course some fresh fruit,

So i ask you:

What is YOUR Favorite breakfast on your Cruise? Is the first day Breakfast different?

A bowl of Oatmeal.

A bowl of Oatmeal.

On the surface, that seems really boring, compared to all the breakfast offerings these days, but okay, I like oatmeal too (at home)!;)

I usually get oatmeal at least once per cruise, some mornings you just aren't up for a super rich breakfast and oatmeal hits the spot. With the different toppings offered it doesn't have to be boring. I will always have some fruit to go with (and if on Carnival a small cup of their yummy hot cocoa:hearteyes:)

• 2 weeks later...
DO most cruise lines have turkey bacon?

Yes.. And while I do recognize the health benefits of turkey bacon (or turkey anything for that matter) over 'traditional' pork bacon; the turkey version just seems to lack the flavor that makes bacon so dang good IMHO.