Silversea - Coffee

conchyjoe

Returning to Silversea (Silver Spirit) later this year after several years on Seabourn.

One thing we found on numerous cruises with Silversea was that their coffee in the breakfast dining areas was not to our taste. Seabourn has a great Starbucks type Coffee Bar in Seabourn Square which we loved. Has Silversea

improved their coffee offerings in the last 10 years ?

Thanks

Like food, coffee is a very personal thing. On our recent SS cruse we found that the coffee at breakfast was fine - but have no complaints about the Seabourn coffee at the Square either.

Sorry, I should have phrased the question a little better ... does Silversea now have a coffee bar that offers custom made coffee products to go ?

My original reference to Starbucks was intended as a concept rather than the actual physical coffee product.

Sorry, I should have phrased the question a little better ... does Silversea now have a coffee bar that offers custom made coffee products to go ?

My original reference to Starbucks was intended as a concept rather than the actual physical coffee product.

We are on the Whisper WC. The bars (panorama, patio, and the main bar) all have coffee machines and they can make espresso, americano, latte, and cappuccino. Not sure what else they can make. Hope this helps.

We are on the Whisper WC. The bars (panorama, patio, and the main bar) all have coffee machines and they can make espresso, americano, latte, and cappuccino. Not sure what else they can make. Hope this helps.

Many thanks.

:cool:

My wife and I have done three Silversea cruises in the past four years: one on the "old" Cloud, two on the Spirit. I love espresso and strong coffee; in fact, we have a Nespresso machine at home which we use every morning. I felt the coffee in La Terraza was OK in quality but too weak---in other words, decent quality beans but excessively watered-down. This was true on all three cruises. My solution was to go up to Horizons each morning just before Terraza opened and get a quadruple espresso to go. I'd have a sip or two up there but then walk down to breakfast and mix the rest of it in with a cup or two of the Terraza coffee. That brought it to the proper strength. The guys who worked in Horizons would joke that my heart was going to explode. It hasn't yet!

My solution was to go up to Horizons each morning...

AND

...The guys who worked in Horizons would joke that my heart was going to explode.

What and where is Horizons? I’ve been on both the Cloud & Spirit but don’t remember it. Being an espresso fan myself, I clearly need to find this Horizons place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have often ordered a double or triple espresso and added it to my Americano when in La Terrazza.

I drink a huge espresso at home which DH dutifully makes each morning.

I know that If you are in a silver suite or above, there is an illy espresso machine in the suite that uses pods.

As stated ... coffee is subjective.

I view Starbucks as, at best, average, and personally prefer Peruvian or Ethiopian. I buy roasted beans, (sometimes to order if I fancy something special) I grind my own, and drink it black without sugar so ......

I am not that bothered for Illy either ... but it is subjective.

I asked some months ago about cafetieres / french press and was told they are not used on SS ships which is a shame as I prefer a decent sized mug rather than a small cup and the cafetiere can accommodate this. I shall ask of course ask and if stick comes to lift just ask for large extra strong one and see what happens?

I am a fussy old git I know [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk