Last week in April

ccletzgo

Will it be too cold to do any water activities? I imagine even the sunset catamaran cruise would be pretty chilly?

Looking at excursions. Maybe beaches for the day without going in the water.

For most people the water would be too chilly to go in. You could walk from Warwick Long Bay to Horseshoe Bay along the beach and the trails. It is a beautiful walk.

For an excursion I suggest Hidden Gems.

We will be in Bermuda the first couple of days of May. The water will be too cold for me but we do want to walk from Horseshoe and check out the beautiful scenery. Plus I always love exploring the museum at Dockyard. May also head over to Saint George. Was only over there an hour last time.

Laura

• 3 weeks later...
It could be cool and rainy or it could be sunny or overcast.

Keith

Yup, you never know.. Yesterday where I live it was 60 and tomorrow we're supposed to get up to 10 inches of snow.

Laura

So we are from Maine and the ocean temps rarely get to 68 degrees or so. It’s swimmable if it’s hot out. Is it similar in Bermuda the first week in May?

The locals consider May 24 the beginning of the beach season. Air temperature averages 68 degrees at the beginning of May and rises to 75 at the end of May. I don’t consider that hot. Maybe it is in Maine. Of course a heat wave is possible, 68 to 75 are averages, but it would be just that, higher temperatures are not the usual. As far as ocean temperature of 68 degrees, it is not advisable for safety reasons to swim at that temperature.

It should also be mentioned that May seems to have a higher number of Portuguese Man of War reports than other months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

So we are from Maine and the ocean temps rarely get to 68 degrees or so. It’s swimmable if it’s hot out. Is it similar in Bermuda the first week in May?

The weather is variable.

Could be hot, warm or cold.

I've seen it all year over year.

Keith