Greetings from Queen Elizabeth

safarigal

We boarded QE in Osaka, and although we have only been on board for 3 days, so far I can say that everything has been as wonderful as ever, and the food and service in Britannia has been excellent.

This is a very Japanese themed segment, with food, drink, and cultural activities available for those so inclined. There also seem to be avery high number of Japanese guests on board, which does give the ship a different feel.

There are several other passengers on QE writing excellent reports on the voyage, and I have been enjoying reading them as I have prepared for our arrival in Osaka. I am also keeping a blog at www.whereissafarigal.wordpress.com - to the orient and beyond. It is so great to be at sea again!

We boarded QE in Osaka, and although we have only been on board for 3 days, so far I can say that everything has been as wonderful as ever, and the food and service in Britannia has been excellent.

This is a very Japanese themed segment, with food, drink, and cultural activities available for those so inclined. There also seem to be avery high number of Japanese guests on board, which does give the ship a different feel.

There are several other passengers on QE writing excellent reports on the voyage, and I have been enjoying reading them as I have prepared for our arrival in Osaka. I am also keeping a blog at www.whereissafarigal.wordpress.com - to the orient and beyond. It is so great to be at sea again!

fantastic...off to read it now. have a fantastic trip, it will be a taster for the Japan to Alaska run next year....regards to Brian...and hope your boat doesn't sink in the challenge this year....

This may have been posted elsewhere, but in today’s Daily Programme on QE there is a notice that the bust of Queen Elizabeth in the Queens Room, the personal standard of the Queen Mother, and the silver model of QE2 in the yacht club are to be packed away and transferred to QM2 in Hong Kong, as they have to be returned to Dubai Ports as they are only on loan to QE. :(

This may have been posted elsewhere, but in today’s Daily Programme on QE there is a notice that the bust of Queen Elizabeth in the Queens Room, the personal standard of the Queen Mother, and the silver model of QE2 in the yacht club are to be packed away and transferred to QM2 in Hong Kong, as they have to be returned to Dubai Ports as they are only on loan to QE. :(

yes, in a terrible example of bad planning, the QE2 was sold with all of her historic and Cunard sensitive materials still on board - lost forever to us. Now the Hotel is due to open they will need something onboard that will attempt to recreate her old rooms.

The best thing that could have happened to the QE2 would have been for her to be taken into the Atlantic and scuttled where she could reign supreme forever instead of being turned into a Disneylandish attraction - some sort of grotesque museumisque hotel that could not realistically evoke the era that she was meant for.

ah well..progress on the high seas.

yes, in a terrible example of bad planning, the QE2 was sold with all of her historic and Cunard sensitive materials still on board - lost forever to us. Now the Hotel is due to open they will need something onboard that will attempt to recreate her old rooms.

The best thing that could have happened to the QE2 would have been for her to be taken into the Atlantic and scuttled where she could reign supreme forever instead of being turned into a Disneylandish attraction - some sort of grotesque museumisque hotel that could not realistically evoke the era that she was meant for.

ah well..progress on the high seas.

Maybe they could just get “lost” during the transfer from QE to QM2 in Hong Kong harbour. Stranger things have happened to Cunard ships there.

Maybe they could just get “lost” during the transfer from QE to QM2 in Hong Kong harbour. Stranger things have happened to Cunard ships there.

good thinking lets get Brian onto making a sub......I'm sure I can gather a few navy seals

, we could storm the QE during afternoon tea on the day of transfer and stop for a scone and some clotted cream on the way...

looking forward to the trip as it unfolds for you.

I'm fascinated by the news of the treasured items from QE being ''shipped'' via QM2 >>> Dubai.

We'll be boarding QM2 in HK on 3/31..... I'm wondering what sorts of ceremonies/ display/ information/viewing

may be afforded?? Although-- your post does say " packed and shipped " so maybe it'll be a great big nothing for QM2 passengers ( many of whom may not know a snippet of all this.)

good thinking lets get Brian onto making a sub......I'm sure I can gather a few navy seals

, we could storm the QE during afternoon tea on the day of transfer and stop for a scone and some clotted cream on the way...

looking forward to the trip as it unfolds for you.

Oh Roscoe, you are soo bad. As if I would ever be involved with doing something like that! Well at least on a public forum...............

I'm fascinated by the news of the treasured items from QE being ''shipped'' via QM2 >>> Dubai.

We'll be boarding QM2 in HK on 3/31..... I'm wondering what sorts of ceremonies/ display/ information/viewing

may be afforded?? Although-- your post does say " packed and shipped " so maybe it'll be a great big nothing for QM2 passengers ( many of whom may not know a snippet of all this.)

My understanding is that they will be in storage alas. Maybe you could start a movement to get them on display. They need to be in the public eye - they are all so special. I will miss them on QE, especially the silver QE2 model - I have loved it ever since seeing it on QE2.

My understanding is that they will be in storage alas. Maybe you could start a movement to get them on display. They need to be in the public eye - they are all so special. I will miss them on QE, especially the silver QE2 model - I have loved it ever since seeing it on QE2.

I knew they were just on loan, but it is still sad to see them go. I'm glad I photographed them on board both the QE2 and the QE and was looking forward to seeing them again on an Alaska cruise next year.

If I may be permitted a little Monday morning humour: when I first saw the heading of this thread "Greetings from Queen Elizabeth" for a brief moment I thought it might be a message from our sovereign. :) It reminded me of a comment made by Queen Mary that I read many years ago. HM was saying that one of her favourite letters came from a young girl in Richmond Hill, Ontario (north of Toronto). It was addressed simply: "To Queen Mary - not the boat."

I knew they were just on loan, but it is still sad to see them go. I'm glad I photographed them on board both the QE2 and the QE and was looking forward to seeing them again on an Alaska cruise next year.

If I may be permitted a little Monday morning humour: when I first saw the heading of this thread "Greetings from Queen Elizabeth" for a brief moment I thought it might be a message from our sovereign. :) It reminded me of a comment made by Queen Mary that I read many years ago. HM was saying that one of her favourite letters came from a young girl in Richmond Hill, Ontario (north of Toronto). It was addressed simply: "To Queen Mary - not the boat."

I love it! Very funny :)