Different Scenic Cruising Question

HermmyGranger

Hi all,

I'm looking at two different Alaska cruises and I'm not sure what the difference between the different "cruise only" days will be. The places I'm asking about are Hubbard Glacier, Tracy Arm Fjord, and Stephens Passage. One cruise goes to Hubbard and Stephens and the other only goes to Tracy Arm Fjord. What's the difference and what are your opinions on the best visuals to see?

The Amsterdam has a guest capacity of 1,380 guests while the Emerald Princess has a capacity of 3,092. The Amsterdam is a very nice mid size ship and easy to get around. Will you have a balcony? The Amsterdam has plenty of inside viewing areas. I am not familiar with the Emerald Princess but it is a bigger ship with more people aboard.

You may get into Tracy Arm in August and you may not if there is too much ice. It is a beautiful fjord but best seen by small boat. Hubbard Glacier is a huge glacier and would be my choice for glacier viewing. The Amsterdam will open up the bow but there are plenty of areas for viewing. Stephens Passage is scenic viewing and I wouldn't use that as a determining factor.