I'm on the Sunshine !

campdaan

Just want to add about the TV.

The 15 year old OCD in me couldn't help but play with the buttons on the side of the TV.

I was able to bring up a menu and scroll to the HDMI input.

Unfortunately, I had no way to test it.

But knowing this, I will be packing my lightning to HDMI adapter, and a short cord, so I can stream my iPad through the TV.

Plus with the extra outlet behind the TV, you could probably pack an x-box or similar.

Carnival, if you are listening...

I would rather have the ability to stream my in-room entertainment in lieu of your lousy TV selection.

More later.

Thanks for your fantastic review! We are sailing aboard the Sunshine in just 24 more days and your review answered a lot of questions that we had regarding this ship. We sailed on her when she was the Destiny back in '99 and are looking forward to the changes that have been made to her.

I was on the ship with you...along with my husband and parents. It was so nice to return to see your "live" reports.

We had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the ship and the trip overall!

:cool:

Embarked on the Sunshine yesterday, March 3, 2018.

Flew out of Boston Friday morning before Armageddon hit, with heavy rains, wind, and flight cancellations.

The itinerary has been reversed, so rather than head for Grand Turk, we are headed to St. Maarten.

This is my 15th Carnival Cruise, and this is the oldest and smallest ship I've sailed on. So far, the Sunshine has been awesome.

We are on Lido deck and lo and behold, we have a fridge in our room. Which was unexpected by all reports here. The shower is huge compared to every othe ship we have been on. And Emma, the Cruise director is awesome.

The Ship is rockin and rollin, but it's all good.

I'll check stuff out for people, if you like, but don't expect me to post fun times, camp carnival stuff, etc.

Just want to add. I pre-purchased the middle Internet plan, and it has been awesome. I'm able to play YouTube stuff and surf my favorite sites at a reasonable speed.

More later.

We are sailing on the Sunshine a month from today!! After getting at least 20 inches of snow over the past 24 hours here in Maine . . . I have spent most of my snow day watching YouTube videos about the Sunshine and reading lots of posts on CruiseCritic.

We are sailing on the Sunshine a month from today!! After getting at least 20 inches of snow over the past 24 hours here in Maine . . . I have spent most of my snow day watching YouTube videos about the Sunshine and reading lots of posts on CruiseCritic.

We got about the same. I spent 30 hours in the plow truck last night... and I've come down with a cold. :mad:

When it comes to Sunshine videos, hands down, it's Joe Somebody.

I was on the ship with you...along with my husband and parents. It was so nice to return to see your "live" reports.

We had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the ship and the trip overall!

:cool:

That's awesome.

It was a great crowd of people.

And this was the first cruise in 15 years that I didn't see an Elvis impersonator.

Well, I booked the Sunshine for March 8, 2019. Lido deck, 2 adjoining balconies.

It's been a very busy 2 weeks since I debarked this cruise. 2 feet of snow, and a foot predicted for tomorrow.

I'd like to continue about our Cruise, and what I liked and disliked.

For the first time in 15 cruises, we opted for breakfast in the dining room, including the sea day brunches. I really liked the avacado toast with 2 poached. And the flamin' tomato soup with the steak and eggs.

On debarkation day, we had omelettes at the JiJi station, and ate in the Havana bar.

For lunch, my main go to ended up being fish tacos at the Blue Iguana. I had one Guy's burger, which was just fine. And we fetched a few plates of just guy fries and had those on Serenity, behind the waterfall.

We did the steakhouse first night and all had the surf and turf. Every other night was late dining in the Sunset dining room, midship. We had great waiters, Lester and Emilio, and enjoyed the Carnival food we ordered.

And of course there were a few trips to pizza, the deli, ice cream etc.

One new hack we did on this cruise was to stock the top drawer with spare napkins and utensils, including spoons, and we had a few baggies for holding cookies and snacks we grabbed from Lido, so we could have some light snacks when hanging out in the cabin.

More later

Trying to keep my sanity. Booked the Sunshine for an 8 day Southern on 02/15/2019. It's snowing like crazy in Pittsburgh again today and all I want to think about is a nice, warm day at the beach. And a Guy's burger. And maybe some of those delicious frozen adult beverages...