Question about the Meal time drink package.

KruiseKween

I just got off the Divina on Sundayand loved it so much we just booked our next one in September! This time we opted for a fantastica balcony and got the Meal time drink package. Does anyone know what the wines that are included in this package are? Do you get to choose from any or are you limited to a select few? They mention that I can select from white red or rose, does that include sparkling white wine as well? Any help would be really appreciated!

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Here's what I've found concerning this:

Unlimited wine (a choice of 2 white, 2 red and 1 rosé house brands), mineral water, draft beer, sodas and fruit juices during lunch and dinner.

The drinks included in this package are for consumption in the main restaurants and the self-service buffet, but not in the specialty restaurants.

Hope this helps,

~Brian

Here's what I've found concerning this:

Unlimited wine (a choice of 2 white, 2 red and 1 rosé house brands), mineral water, draft beer, sodas and fruit juices during lunch and dinner.

The drinks included in this package are for consumption in the main restaurants and the self-service buffet, but not in the specialty restaurants.

Hope this helps,

~Brian

Thanks Brian, I had already seen that one. I'm just more curios as to which brand and what type more so. But thanks for taking the time to help anyways!

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

The Mealtime Beverage Package has recently changed ... and now permits you to obtain the allotted beverages from the bars, as well.

As for the wines, they are house-wines. They do not have all five wines available at any given time. They may have two or three wines open any any given time (not necessarily limited to two or three bottles), just realize that they do not serve all five varieties at the same time. When I was on the Divina in December, I asked for a Riesling, but it was not part of the package. The white wine was either a Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc. The varieties may or may not change during the cruise, likewise, they may or may not change from cruise to cruise.

• 7 months later...
The Mealtime Beverage Package has recently changed ... and now permits you to obtain the allotted beverages from the bars, as well.

Interesting. Can you elaborate on this? We are booked on a sailing on the Seaside that includes the "mealtime beverage packages" and are considering upgrading to a full drink package, but if the "mealtime drink" package now allows me to walk up to any bar, at any given time and ask for a beer or [their chosen] wines, I may not need to do the upgrade at all.

We are on Seaside right now. The mealtime drink package includes beer , house wine, mineral water and sodas during lunch and dinner only, and only in the MDR or in the buffets. There are no coupons for this, it is a code that appears on your cruise card.

There are also various kinds of packages that require coupons. These can be used at any bar at any time and include various cocktails, coffees, and sometimes gelato depending on what type of coupon package you have.

We are on Seaside right now. The mealtime drink package includes beer , house wine, mineral water and sodas during lunch and dinner only, and only in the MDR or in the buffets. There are no coupons for this, it is a code that appears on your cruise card.

There are also various kinds of packages that require coupons. These can be used at any bar at any time and include various cocktails, coffees, and sometimes gelato depending on what type of coupon package you have.

Do you need to be eating at the time? Or can you just go into the buffet and get a drink? Can you bring the drink out of the buffet/MDR?

Can you only get a drink if you are eating? Can you bring the drink out of the buffet/MDR?

Do you need to be eating at the time? Or can you just go into the buffet and get a drink? Can you bring the drink out of the buffet/MDR?

You don’t need to be eating and can take a drink out of the buffet. People have stated some problems with his package in the mdr, as beverage service is hard to come by.

Seems divina and seaside are doing two different policies related to meal time drinks. That’s one of the problems with MSc in the forums, it’s a different product ship to ship and destination to destination. Consistency isn’t a strong suit of this company.

You don’t need to be eating and can take a drink out of the buffet. People have stated some problems with his package in the mdr, as beverage service is hard to come by.

Seems divina and seaside are doing two different policies related to meal time drinks. That’s one of the problems with MSc in the forums, it’s a different product ship to ship and destination to destination. Consistency isn’t a strong suit of this company.

We are on the Seaside now and the first night our waiter did not know about this package. Once he figured it out we now always have wine and mineral water ready for us and he leaves the bottles. Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this, if you don't mind, can you tell me which wines were featured during your cruise for the mealtime drinks package? I realize this might change over time, but I just wanted to get a sense of which brands they were featuring. I hope you enjoyed your cruise, BTW. :D

Did you purchase this onboard? Or was it included when you booked? I don't see that it's available to book pre-cruise.

We are booked on the Divina in Feb and only get the 12 drink coupon package with Fantastica . The mealtime drink package was available but disappeared in Nov before i could book it (there is a thread on this subject). Please tell me it is now available to book on board. Since the beginning of Dec i have not been able to view my booking (another thread on this subject) to see if it is available on-line. We did purchase the 7 bottle package but don't think i can stretch that out for 11 nights lol