Flats (shoes) that fold up?

Janie1229

Hi, I remember seeing somewhere on-line some flats, similar to a ballerina shoe, that folded and would be great for cruises where your feet start to hurt after all the walking in heels from cabin to dining to shows, etc.

Anyone have info on these shoes? Tried them? Any other tips? I have some very pretty heels I want to bring, but also want some type of flat to change into if my feet start to hurt!

Going on my first cruise in >4 years this fall with a girlfriend. Leaving hubby home to save $$, lol.

Probably not foldable like Tieks, but Rothy’s are pretty great flats as well. I just got my first pair today (pointed toe in red) and I LOVE them (been wearing them around the house for a few hours now.) Super comfy, machine washable, no break-in period, and eco-friendly as they’re made out of recycled water bottles. I’ll definitely be buying more. I’m already eye-balling the rounded-toe Rothy’s in navy or flax birdseye.

• 2 weeks later...

I have Tieks ($$$$$'s) and Dexflex. I save the Tieks for cruising due to the price. The Dexflex are from Payless and I've had mine for roughly 3 years. I wear them to work and take them on vacay and they still look great. While I don't know where I would be walking in them long distances since I've never had to really do that, they are great if you are a light packer like myself who doesn't want to drag everything they own on the ship. They have some support, but if I'm going to be on a walking tour, I'd probably get a pair of Easy Spirits.

:cool:

Hi, I remember seeing somewhere on-line some flats, similar to a ballerina shoe, that folded and would be great for cruises where your feet start to hurt after all the walking in heels from cabin to dining to shows, etc.

Anyone have info on these shoes? Tried them? Any other tips? I have some very pretty

heels I want to bring, but also want some type of flat to change into if my feet start to

hurt!

Going on my first cruise in >4 years this fall with a girlfriend. Leaving hubby home to save $$, lol.

Check Amazon. Several different fold ups.

Good reviews that will help you

determine your correct size.

Less expensive than in the stores.

Tropicqueen

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few different pairs of packable/foldable travel ballet flats. Just depends on the person obviously, but I like a more dressy style (as opposed to a sporty style).

I've seen and know people that like the Tieks..don't have any yet myself, but I love all the colors they come in!

Ones I have...

Tory Burch "Minnie" Travel Flat

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/tory-burch-minnie-travel-ballet-flat-women/3979217?origin=keywordsearch&keyword=minnie

Cole Haan "Tali" Flat

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/cole-haan-tali-bow-ballet-flat-women/4820811?contextualcategoryid=2375500&origin=keywordsearch&keyword=tali

I also have a pair I got at Talbot's...over 10 years ago, not sure if they make them anymore. But they were great.

I also have several pairs of the Ferragamo ballet flat in their travel/foldable style...and they are super comfy too. They always are available in black and then every once in awhile they'll offer different patterns, patent etc

Ferragamo "My Joy" Ballet Flat/Skimmer

https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446677429&site_refer=CSE_GGLPRADS001&gclid=Cj0KCQjwkKPVBRDtARIsAA2CG6F28QX5cdt85jLmL9s9CDzDeqHaPvDOpnHHNoi_mOfd6uKUssJ4vmIaAuYUEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds