Shareholder benefit

Tangoqueen

I emailed 3 weeks ago and after no response put everything in the post last week. I asked them to email confirmation bit not received anything yet...

Which email address do you use?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I emailed 3 weeks ago and after no response put everything in the post last week. I asked them to email confirmation bit not received anything yet...

Shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

You should get an automated response that the request has been received.

I emailed my request for shareholder obc benefit after 6pm last night and had a reviewed booking invoice by lunch time today showing the addition of $250 obc. Very impressed with the turn around

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congratulations, you lucky cruiser!

I used the same email Cruiseluvva mentioned. I didn’t get a receipt email I don’t think but the following day received an email with an updated Confirmation Invoice showing the additional obc.

Perhaps check on your Voyage Personaliser and make sure that correspondence by email is ticked. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I used the same email Cruiseluvva mentioned. I didn’t get a receipt email I don’t think but the following day received an email with an updated Confirmation Invoice showing the additional obc.

Perhaps check on your Voyage Personaliser and make sure that correspondence by email is ticked. Good luck

Perhaps this only happens if you book direct with Cunard. I am with an agent...

Perhaps this only happens if you book direct with Cunard. I am with an agent..

I think it's up to the TA to run the report on the booking, with no direct contact between the line and the passenger. My TA always sends a new booking statement after any changes.

...and I also still think it's the case that email is not allowed for US passengers, instead we (or rather, my TA) needs to use the fax number they share with Princess. Probably also a US mail option.

Edited by MarkBearSF

Hi,I bought 100 shares yesterday with Saga online,printed off contract note,scanned it and sent off with email and pdf attachment.Recieved auto email reciept immediately.Hoping that will be ok as the TA note said that Carnival UK have gone paperless with etickets etc,hence the lapsing of the fax requirement.Cheers,Brian.

Hi,I bought 100 shares yesterday with Saga online,printed off contract note,scanned it and sent off with email and pdf attachment.Recieved auto email reciept immediately.Hoping that will be ok as the TA note said that Carnival UK have gone paperless with etickets etc,hence the lapsing of the fax requirement.Cheers,Brian.

Yesterday was a good day for buying shares Brian, they dropped a bit yesterday and back up today

Perhaps this only happens if you book direct with Cunard. I am with an agent...

Cassandra, I’ve just put in another request for a further cruise later this year and immediately had this response via email, hope this is of use:

Thank you for your Shareholder Benefit Request.

Please accept this email as confirmation that we have received your message and will respond as soon as possible.

Please note for standard enquiries we aim to action within 7 days from receipt of your correspondence. Once your Shareholder Benefit has been applied, we will send a revised Booking Confirmation that will show the added On Board Credit. (If you have booked directly with us you will receive this via your personal email address or by post. Alternatively, if you have booked via a Travel Agent, you will need to refer to them for the revised Booking Confirmation).

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Please take the revised Booking Confirmation as our response to you. Unless you are requesting any additional information, we will not send a separate email from the this address.

If your query is of an urgent nature, or if you depart within the next 48 hours, please call our Customer Contact Centre on 0345 355 5111, where one of our Personal Cruise Coordinators will be happy to help.

Kind regards

Guest Services, Carnival UK

Yesterday was a good day for buying shares Brian, they dropped a bit yesterday and back up today

Hi,we were £75 up at close yesterday.Saga is operated by Iniquiti who have a close tie with Carnival.I was pleasantly surprised when they emailed me and volunteered to forward info to Carnival if there were any problems,cheers,Brian.

Cassandra, I’ve just put in another request for a further cruise later this year and immediately had this response via email, hope this is of use:

Please accept this email as confirmation that we have received your message and will respond as soon as possible.

Please note for standard enquiries we aim to action within 7 days from receipt of your correspondence. Once your Shareholder Benefit has been applied, we will send a revised Booking Confirmation that will show the added On Board Credit. (If you have booked directly with us you will receive this via your personal email address or by post. Alternatively, if you have booked via a Travel Agent, you will need to refer to them for the revised Booking Confirmation).

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Please take the revised Booking Confirmation as our response to you. Unless you are requesting any additional information, we will not send a separate email from the this address.

If your query is of an urgent nature, or if you depart within the next 48 hours, please call our Customer Contact Centre on 0345 355 5111, where one of our Personal Cruise Coordinators will be happy to help.

Kind regards

Thank you. That is very useful information [emoji4]

Is there any place on the Voyage Personalizer that shows the perks (like Shareholder or Veternas OBC or free gratuities) associated with your booking? I can find this for a planned Princess crossing, but not for our QM2 crossing.

Is there any place on the Voyage Personalizer that shows the perks (like Shareholder or Veternas OBC or free gratuities) associated with your booking? I can find this for a planned Princess crossing, but not for our QM2 crossing.

Nope. I'm pretty sure you have to get Cunard or your Travel Agent to print out your account and send it to you. You also can't review your folio onboard on your TV. You must go to the Pursers' Desk and request it.

FYI - It's ALWAYS a good idea to ask them to print a report for your account at the start of your voyage to ensure your credits are accounted for. If you're told to wait X days, follow-up until they appear. (It's always good to get these things sorted while on board rather than later, and, and although I've had good experiences, Pursers' Desk staff have been reported to be dismissive to make passengers go away.)

The Cunard CP seems quite backward compared to Princess where everything is visible and accessible.It seems you can't even buy OBC on the system,at least I can't see that,correct me if I am wrong,cheers,Brian.

Kind regards

Hi,I phoned that number yesterday after not hearing anything.It turned out to be the P&O booking line.The girl tried to fob me off but after a bit of tooing and frowing she retrieved my booking and she confirmed my OBC was applied the next day after my application.She sent the confirmation to my TA for me.Now a happy bunny,cheers,Brian.

Hi,I phoned that number yesterday after not hearing anything.It turned out to be the P&O booking line.The girl tried to fob me off but after a bit of tooing and frowing she retrieved my booking and she confirmed my OBC was applied the next day after my application.She sent the confirmation to my TA for me.Now a happy bunny,cheers,Brian.

Pleased you got it sorted Brian, I think the two companies may be sharing the same building and perhaps the same staff at times? X

For the first time my request for shareholder benefit did not go as planned. I phoned my share company and asked them to contact Cunard. This normally happens the same day. A few days later I contacted Cunard by email to see if things had gone through. They replied that they had not heard from my bank. Frustrating.

I waited another week or so and then copied my statement off the internet, blacked out relevant details and scanned it, sending it in an email to Cunard UK. I was not sure if that would be sufficient as the statement date was January, it was now March and the cruise was not until June. I could have sold the shares meanwhile for all they knew! Also, a couple of years ago Cunard would not accept attachments in emails. Anyway, a couple of days later I received an email back from Cunard to say that it had gone through and I had been given the benefit.