Royal Court Theatre QM2 hilarity

Must share a moment aboard QM2 last night before debarking, a live performance in the Theatre with Soul Mystique, an Aussie male / female quick costume change act.

Midway through the show, the lady, Lydia had disappeared backstage and the bloke, Gavin, was on stage discussing the history of their act.

He begins:

“ Well Lydia, she does the costume design and Lydia she does the dance choreography and Lydia she does all the show music”

“And what do you think I do?”

From the upper seats of the theatre comes a distinctly Aussie male voice:

“LYDIA!!”

Well - Gavin and the theatre fell apart! The timing was perfect, it left him on the stage speechless then helpless with laughter, followed by everyone else.

Just a perfect bit of unscripted Aussie comedy 🤣[emoji23]

They were a great act btw.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Must share a moment aboard QM2 last night before debarking, a live performance in the Theatre with Soul Mystique, an Aussie male / female quick costume change act.

Midway through the show, the lady, Lydia had disappeared backstage and the bloke, Gavin, was on stage discussing the history of their act.

He begins:

“ Well Lydia, she does the costume design and Lydia she does the dance choreography and Lydia she does all the show music”

“LYDIA!!”

Well - Gavin and the theatre fell apart! The timing was perfect, it left him on the stage speechless then helpless with laughter, followed by everyone else.

Just a perfect bit of unscripted Aussie comedy ��[emoji23]

Classic, pure gold, now we all know Lydia and Gavin are quite possibly 'an item.' Please tell, was the orator of the phrase 'Lydia' attired in shorts? lol.:cool:;) I bet the Cunarders blushed.:o With a few muttering 'Those awful uncouth Orstralians, drunk again !!' lol.

Just moments before Gavin HAD shown off his blue Bonds singlet adorned with the Aussie flag and matching silk boxers, during a very slow costume change [emoji6] showing how the changes did (or didn’t) work

Much blushing and “uncouth Orstralian” went on then ;)

Saw them on Radiance in Jan. Fantastic show. They were on board for a couple of days so had a chat with them one evening and they are really very very nice people. Got their start on the "Australia's Got Talent" show.

Just moments before Gavin HAD shown off his blue Bonds singlet adorned with the Aussie flag and matching silk boxers, during a very slow costume change [emoji6] showing how the changes did (or didn’t) work

Nothing like the Goodies union jack boxers.

Having voyaged on QM2, I can only imagine the gasps of horror and G&T's being spilt.:hearteyes:

I bet the Entertainment Manager got a few complaints after.

Having voyaged on QM2, I can only imagine the gasps of horror and G&T's being spilt.:hearteyes:

I bet the Entertainment Manager got a few complaints after.

And some would have laughed their ..... off

He begins:

“LYDIA!!”

Just a perfect bit of unscripted Aussie comedy 🤣[emoji23]

Love it.:D

Same thing happened when they performed on the 4 to 18th February 2018 Ovation of the Seas cruise I was on

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds like it is part of the show, maybe Gavin and Lydia pay some geezer in the audience to quote those now famous words.:o:')

I cannot believe that it was a rehearsed surely there will always be one Aussie larrikin in every crowd that would be yelling out the response.

I agree. I doubt that they had to set it up. With an Aussie audience there would be someone who would come back with that response.

Years ago on P&O, the CD Zoltina-J would set up some of the funny lines on the "Marriage Game" by asking participants ahead of time to say particular things. She was such a good actress, that when they came out with the scripted line, she would laugh so much that you could not have believed she knew about it ahead of time. But she did. :D

I agree. I doubt that they had to set it up. With an Aussie audience there would be someone who would come back with that response.

Years ago on P&O, the CD Zoltina-J would set up some of the funny lines on the "Marriage Game" by asking participants ahead of time to say particular things. She was such a good actress, that when they came out with the scripted line, she would laugh so much that you could not have believed she knew about it ahead of time. But she did. :D

She is a card that one, Swans fan and always looking for a partner (future husband).

Sounds like it is part of the show, maybe Gavin and Lydia pay some geezer in the audience to quote those now famous words.:o:')

Gavin sure seemed surprised but it is a show, and was really well done anyway. Don’t think there would have been too many complaints ......

I cannot believe that it was a rehearsed surely there will always be one Aussie larrikin in every crowd that would be yelling out the response.

Like Yabbah on ye olde SCG Hill.:eek: to wit...'Ave a go yer mug .!!; and other unprintable verses.lol.

Who is dan?

POI on Sunday Night show, Channel 7, girl over the Gold Coast balcony. Dan has been on the cruise ships for 8 years, singer.:halo:

A bit sub judice, a reinvestigation underway.