How often do they switch your preselected cabins?

Hllb

We have two cabins - a balcony and inside, directly across from each other, for our family of five. I’m worried they’ll move one of our cabins. I think we are at max capacity for both cabins so I think that should help our chances?

30 cruises and never switched.... most times we stick with the "correct" capacity cabins but have selected a few that had extra capacity, and still have never been switched.

Even the couple times we have done a "cheap" cruise and let them pick our cabin, we received our assignment a few weeks before sailing and that room was not switched on us either.

I double checked and yes, the balcony cabin only holds 3 and the inside only holds 2, so we are at max capacity for the cabins. We should be good then. I got worried when I read another thread about someone being moved without notification LOL. I supposed not that it truly matters, but...

We got switched on our upcoming Miracle cruise, had to call to sort out a couple things with my PVP and she saw that I had picked 3 person cabins and my booking is only 2 in each cabin, so she told me that it's possible I may be switched with no choice, or we could just avoid that possibility and she could switch me to cabins I choose that are for 2 person max, I went with the later, and actually think I got a better location. But that little lesson will make me look closer now at the cabins next time I book!

Just to add my 2 cents--

I just booked a 2019 cruise with our new PVP and asked for a specific cabin. She told me that it was a 4-person cabin and that Carnival, if necessary, could bump us out if four people booked together.

She gave us other 2-person options and we booked one of those.

If you're at the right capacity for those cabins you should be all set.

They reserve the right to move you at anytime, but judging from what I have read on here for years, it only seems to happen when a price match is required. It you are at Max capacity in the rooms and you do not required price match, you should be fine.

If you do request price matching, I would make sure I told them I did not we want to change rooms, on the online form there is a place to check for no room change, and I would check to make sure I wasn't moved.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If you get bumped to a different cabin are you told prior to cruise check in?

Would like to know this also. I am a bit worried about our Triumph cruise in 2019. I actually booked it because that ship has a cabin that I absolutely love. We had one on the Splendor. So it was a toss up: if that room is available, we'll book and it was. I just looked and it is a 4 pax cabin and we are 2 pax. I'd be mighty disappointed if we were moved! :eek::mad::loudcry: