La Romana Day Pass...Wyndham or Dreams?

cruisemein

We were scheduled for Dreams a few years back, but missed port. With a group, the package and transportation was very reasonable. Reviews were very favorable and the concierge was very prompt and helpful in arranging things.

As we're no in a group in January, we decided to pass on trying to go there.

I hear the Wyndham is very nice but under the impression it's all inclusive is for staying guests.

Guessing you can contact them and see.

We stayed at DLR for a couple weeks and can comment only on that. The property footprint is quite small, which is one of the reasons we chose Dreams over the Ibero in Dominicus. However we found the resort was extremely crowded, especially around the nicest beach area and the adults swim up bar was a joke because parents let their kids run wild there and the staff did little to help. But in Sept the occupancy rate may be lower too. Other than the crowded vibe the pool bar is fun; the beach, although small, is very nice, with several large palapa. There is sea grass growing where you enter, but once in the water we enjoyed staring out at the beautiful water colors. This was originally a Sunscape property and was upgraded to Dreams. Not sure if day visitors are limited to one area, but you can walk east of the property to the public beach to escape the crowd. And the town of Bayahibe is a short walk from there. From what I’ve read of the Wyndham I would choose Dreams, or even the public beach in Dominicus.

As Crewsweeper said the concierge (Louise? her name escapes me) on the Facebook page is very responsive and helpful. This and other AMResorts properties is converting to Hilton.

If interested in a fun day we would instead recommend the Saona Island excursion with Seavis Tours - Amazing day that! They coordinate the round trip taxis to make it even easier...

Enjoy your day whatever you choose!

Edited by blue_water

Thanks for the response, I called both dreams and wyndham, there was definitely a language barrier, but the best I could make out was that wyndham the day pass was from 8-2pm, a little short time period, now dreams..had a tough time getting through to guest services, when I did they hung up on me.

Lol...that wasn’t nice! Try Dreams during the day, that will be your best choice I’m sure. There are past threads that may include a link to their Facebook page as many others have gone there for the day and recommend it. Try using the search function for Dreams...

Good luck!