Majesty of the Seas Debarkation in Cuba

philatiger

Hi,

We are booking an all day tour in Havana and were wondering if anyone can shed some light on what time we could be off the ship? We want to provide the tour company a start time and we would like to start as soon as possible.. Arrival is 7:00AM.

thank you

Chuck

Depends on a lot of factors. Is the ship on time in arriving? How long does it take the ship to clear customs before beginning debarkation? How many other ships are in port and disembarking at the same time? Are Cuban Customs and Money Exchange fully staffed on that day and time?

We walked off our ship at 9:00 and were out of the port by 9:15. Others have mentioned in this forum that it took them almost an hour to make it to dry land.

I would assume that your guide will stick around if you're running a little late, so I might suggest an 8:00 start time as being realistic.

Took us about an hour from arriving to being in the square talking to our guide.

The Scotish cruise director, not a fan. Did mention that no one would be allowed ashore until the official RCI tours had disembarked.

We took this up with the hotel director who was standing by the gangway, he stated that this was wrong and we were free to leave whenever we liked.

We walked straight off.

We were due in at 3 PM, arrived 2 hours early. Ship cleared around 1:30ish, I walked off about 1:45 and was done and contemplating what to do until my private tour by about 2:15.

You'll likely have more people trying to leave the ship at the same time. If you have all your stuff filled out (visa), have your passport handy and open to the photo page, put all the crap you're carrying into your bag or backpack, you'll speed up the process. For me, currency exchange took the longest, probably 15-20 minutes as the tellers were floating back in from lunch.

I'd say 8 or 8:30 to be safe and to allow time to get to the pickup spot if it's not going to be right at the pier.

I killed time in the St Francis church across the street, taking a slow walk towards my meeting spot, and having a mojito on the way!

BTW it's VERY hot! Get a good sunhat and bring a few bottles of water with you.!