taxi or shuttle post cruise in Seattle

sparlkes

Trying to figure out what the easiest and quickest way is to get from Pier 91 to SeaTac after getting off Explorer for 2 people. I don't want to wait long after we get off the ship. Our flight back home is at 12:45 pm. I don't mind doing a shuttle if they are there waiting or will be there in a short time. Is it a hassle to get a taxi, or are the shuttles a better way to go?

Also, is Seattle Express or Already There Towncar service a better option for our arrival into SeaTac, to be transported to a downtown hotel?

Thank You!

We used Already There and they were great! For the 3 of us, it was $50 to our hotel and the same from the pier to SeaTac. We liked having the reservation and peace of mind knowing our ride was set for us. I'm not a fan of cabs, we took one when we were in Seattle one day, but that's just me. Plus, I think the cab prices are about the same as the town car for the same distances.

Was it easy to find them at SeaTac? When you got off the ship were they waiting for you?

Thanks for your help!

We actually had a 10:00 a.m. pick up scheduled. But we got off by 9:00 a.m. My husband called them and they had a car there in 5 minutes! So no waiting at all. They told us which sign to wait by (I think they're numbered or lettered).

And when we arrived at SeaTac, we had to call them when we got our luggage. It took maybe 10 minutes for the car to get through the traffic there. Very nice, professional drivers both times. We had Adam from SeaTac to our hotel and he was really great! He gave us some tips about Seattle, as well as our hotel.

First of all in Seattle the Port of Seattle has a fleet of on site limos always there so no need to reserve. Call Ground Transportation from Baggage Claim and they come to the door closest to you. Its called STILA for Seatac international Limo Assoc. They are regulated by the port of Seattle. Flat rate of $45 to downtown Seattle. Uber and Lyft are also now allowed at Seatac and for two people you can use Uber Pool for $16 into downtown for two. If you look on Tripadvisor.com Seattle fourm on top right you can see a listing for best ways to get to your cruise.

I'd use uber back from the port vs a shuttle especially with only two of you.

First of all in Seattle the Port of Seattle has a fleet of on site limos always there so no need to reserve. Call Ground Transportation from Baggage Claim and they come to the door closest to you. Its called STILA for Seatac international Limo Assoc. They are regulated by the port of Seattle. Flat rate of $45 to downtown Seattle. Uber and Lyft are also now allowed at Seatac and for two people you can use Uber Pool for $16 into downtown for two. If you look on Tripadvisor.com Seattle fourm on top right you can see a listing for best ways to get to your cruise.

I'd use uber back from the port vs a shuttle especially with only two of you.

Does STILA offer return trips from Pier 91 to Seatac? Thank you for the above information. We are in the process of having to arrange transportation from Seatac to downtown hotel to pier & back to Seatac for daughters cruise at the end of this month. They can take a cab from their hotel to the port but would like them to use STILA or Already There Towncar service for the longer routes. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Trying to figure out what the easiest and quickest way is to get from Pier 91 to SeaTac after getting off Explorer for 2 people. I don't want to wait long after we get off the ship. Our flight back home is at 12:45 pm. I don't mind doing a shuttle if they are there waiting or will be there in a short time. Is it a hassle to get a taxi, or are the shuttles a better way to go?

Also, is Seattle Express or Already There Towncar service a better option for our arrival into SeaTac, to be transported to a downtown hotel?

Thank You!

Just off Pier 91 this past Saturday, disembarked at 7:35 AM, there must have been at least 100 taxi's waiting to transport people. Arrived at Sea-Tac 8:10 AM for our 12:15 PM flight. Security wait was 15 minutes, we has TSA Pre-Check, 5 minute wait. Taxi was $48 plus tip.

Just off Pier 91 this past Saturday, disembarked at 7:35 AM, there must have been at least 100 taxi's waiting to transport people. Arrived at Sea-Tac 8:10 AM for our 12:15 PM flight. Security wait was 15 minutes, we has TSA Pre-Check, 5 minute wait. Taxi was $48 plus tip.

Thanks for this, we will be doing the same in a few weeks.

We have used a couple options when visiting Seattle. We have used the public light rail system and the past few years have been using AJ with SeaTac Towncar Service (206) 697-5577. He is the nicest guy and we have arranged weeks head of time when we wanted him to pick us up etc. right from the pier, hotel or airport. You can easily share a ride with 4 people and luggage. Give him a call and ask for a price or look up http://www.seatactowncar.com He is VERY nice and accommodating! We used him to and from the airport to the pier 91. Have an awesome cruise with whichever way you get there. Tell him Charlene from San Diego says HI !!

Edited by VacationingCharlene

• 1 month later...

So is it true that at the port there is only 1 line of transportation to pick up passengers? I guess it would be easier to grab the 1st taxi to the airport if we are in a hurry instead of waiting till the taxis were filled & left to be able to get to our Lyft or Uber? Trying to find the fastest way to get back to the airport after our cruise..

We have used a couple options when visiting Seattle. We have used the public light rail system and the past few years have been using AJ with SeaTac Towncar Service (206) 697-5577. He is the nicest guy and we have arranged weeks head of time when we wanted him to pick us up etc. right from the pier, hotel or airport. You can easily share a ride with 4 people and luggage. Give him a call and ask for a price or look up http://www.seatactowncar.com He is VERY nice and accommodating! We used him to and from the airport to the pier 91. Have an awesome cruise with whichever way you get there. Tell him Charlene from San Diego says HI !!

Was it easy to find them when you disembarked? Did you have to wait till all the taxis were filled & gone or is there a separate area for other cars besides taxis?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

18 people are going out of Seattle on a cruise in June. Cheapest way to get to Pier 91 and then from Pier 91 to downtown hotel. Also, is anyone going on Celebrity Soltice on June 15 and are any shore excursions planned through Cruise Critic members?

Edited by Duseanus

18 people are going out of Seattle on a cruise in June. Cheapest way to get to Pier 91 and then from Pier 91 to downtown hotel. Also, is anyone going on Celebrity Soltice on June 15 and are any shore excursions planned through Cruise Critic members?

Not sure the best way to get 18 people to the pier, and I'm assuming you're trying to get there from the airport? I would say you'll need to call some of the shuttle companies to find out for that large of a group. Also, look under your Roll Call section to find people on your cruise...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=479