Cancelled one cruise and they allowed me to transfer my insurance to another cruise

arlodog

In March bought a policy through Nationwide from Insure My Trip for a cruise planned for Sept that included port of call change reimbursement. We joked that it was a good gamble since it is the height of hurricane season. What I didn't plan on when I purchased the cruise was that I would be offered a new job which required me to cancel the cruise.

I was offered the job and was able to cancel the last day before final payment was due to avoid any penalty. RCCL gave me a refund within a couple of weeks. My only loss was the non-refundable deposit. I contacted Insure my Trip to see what options I had and they told me to see if I could re-book another cruise and apply for a transfer of coverage to the new cruise if I didn't want to claim the loss. I didn't know this was even possible.

I just re-booked another cruise this week for November. I contacted them with the information they requested and they were able to contact Nationwide who allowed us to move our insurance to the new cruise at no additional cost. Financially it is pretty much a wash as far as what we lost and what the policy cost, but it was nice to know my options!

Just wanted to let people know to contact the company you have your insurance with to see what your options are!

In March bought a policy through Nationwide from Insure My Trip for a cruise planned for Sept that included port of call change reimbursement. We joked that it was a good gamble since it is the height of hurricane season. What I didn't plan on when I purchased the cruise was that I would be offered a new job which required me to cancel the cruise.

I was offered the job and was able to cancel the last day before final payment was due to avoid any penalty. RCCL gave me a refund within a couple of weeks. My only loss was the non-refundable deposit. I contacted Insure my Trip to see what options I had and they told me to see if I could re-book another cruise and apply for a transfer of coverage to the new cruise if I didn't want to claim the loss. I didn't know this was even possible.

I just re-booked another cruise this week for November. I contacted them with the information they requested and they were able to contact Nationwide who allowed us to move our insurance to the new cruise at no additional cost. Financially it is pretty much a wash as far as what we lost and what the policy cost, but it was nice to know my options!

Just wanted to let people know to contact the company you have your insurance with to see what your options are!

Our policies with Travel Insured all allow us to transfer the coverage from one trip (needn't be a cruise) to another, as long as no money was "lost" yet.

There are some time constraints.

We've done this several times, which is nice, because we often plan something far enough in advance that we aren't totally sure we'll be able to go.

www.TripInsuranceStore.com can guide you with respect to this, also.

GC