Need some advice

woodburykt

I'm sure I'm not the first one to ask about this, so if there is another thread about it, please let me know..

We've booked the British Isles cruise with friends and they are in a Veranda cabin while we're in a Suite. We get to book optional shore excursions before they can.

How fast do some of these sell out? I really am worried that we get to book something first and then when it's their turn, the excursion is sold out. We'd like to be able to stay together.

Well, the Shore Excursion desk will do their best to try to place you in the same tour group if space is available. Usually not a problem for the included tours, but if one of the extra excursion tours is sold out then not much that can be done. If your pre-sign ups don't match, both parties should head to the ShoreEx desk immediately upon boarding and work with them to get the the best tour packages available for both of you.

It is not the answer you want to hear but there is no definitive answer to this question. Some tours sell out very quickly and other don't and what sells out on one sailing may languish on another. However, most of the time, you can fix the problem once you have booked.

To be honest, if you are looking to spend money on optional excursions, I'd got private. We have always booked private tours on the more than 50 cruises we've been on. On Viking, we felt that part of the appeal was the included excursions so we booked those.They ranked from OK to bad. Before I would pay money for an optional excursion for 50 or more people I'd really look into private. On this board or on TripAdvisor. I know that people try to scare you away "what if you miss the ship" but the reputable companies guarantee you...As an example, in St Petersburg Russia we had 6 of us for a fraction of what Viking wanted for a 2 day tour. They did the visas...we saw more, more, more than the ship's tour and we didn't have to wait for 40 other people.

I'm sure I'm not the first one to ask about this, so if there is another thread about it, please let me know..

We've booked the British Isles cruise with friends and they are in a Veranda cabin while we're in a Suite. We get to book optional shore excursions before they can.

How fast do some of these sell out? I really am worried that we get to book something first and then when it's their turn, the excursion is sold out. We'd like to be able to stay together.

If it is most important to share the same optional tours, then you could also wait till the opening date for your friends and then all book any optional tour available at the same time. Just another thought.

If it is most important to share the same optional tours, then you could also wait till the opening date for your friends and then all book any optional tour available at the same time. Just another thought.

You know I just thought that AFTER I clicked the submit button to post this thread. LOL!!

Thank you!!:)