What have been some of your favorite itineraries?

Ken the cruiser

It is hard to pick as all of our cruises have been Great! The 2014 from Southampton around Norway and up to the polar ice barrier and back was fabulous as was the Black Sea the year before and the Canary Islands two years later and South Africa this past December. They all are unique and have been an adventure. It was 6 years ago today we boarded the Riviera in Lisbon too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is hard to pick as all of our cruises have been Great! The 2014 from Southampton around Norway and up to the polar ice barrier and back was fabulous as was the Black Sea the year before and the Canary Islands two years later and South Africa this past December. They all are unique and have been an adventure. It was 6 years ago today we boarded the Riviera in Lisbon too!

Did you also go to Longyearbien and tour the Polar Ice Cap?

Did you also go to Longyearbien and tour the Polar Ice Cap?

We did! The private dog sledding on wheels is one of my favorite all time excursions! I believe our cruise was the last one O did that went to Longyearbien and the barrier due to new fuel laws going into effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did! The private dog sledding on wheels is one of my favorite all time excursions! I believe our cruise was the last one O did that went to Longyearbien and the barrier due to new fuel laws going into effect.

Cool! We did a private dog sledding on wheels excursion when we visited Anchorage last year on a HAL cruise and had a blast as well! Hopefully one day O will be able to meet those new fuel laws so then can do that itinerary again. One can hope anyway.

Interesting... no one's mentioned French Polynesia. I met a few regular O cruisers who have sailed there several times. In my personal top 5 cruises list :)

We're scheduled to visit quite a few New Caledonia islands along with circumnavigating Australia on a HAL cruise in the Oct-Nov 2019 time frame. Hopefully it's not the rainy season during that time frame.

Thanks everyone for sharing. Anyone ever been to South Africa on a cruise and, if so, which cruise line did you sail with and did you enjoy it?

Yes Holland America and Celebrity.. Both were cattle boats with thousands on board....

I only thought Ushauea and Antarctic were worth going too. I was amazed at the terrible crime and dirty, rundown 3 ed world atmosphere of Rio, Buenos Aires, and just about every other port from Panama on down, both sides...huge disappointment would never ever go again... same with Africa. I have heard from many that the Amazon is a total boring waste

Too many great places in Europe, Norway, South Pacific to visit

We're in - 17 days Papeete to Lima!!!

Yes there were.... LA to tahiti via Hawaii and Marquseas and cook's Sydney to Fiji, toCooks, to Pago Pago, to Tahiti to Hawaii to LA Tahiti to New York via Lima, Panama canal Easter Island, Virgin Islands, Charleston Sailing around trip LA to Tahiti and back too. Tahiti to New zealand via New Caledonia and Fiji Been on 5 cruises to that region

All on Oceainia or Regent, small ships = big rewards

Agree with you about the Amazon. --BUT--

Have sailed on Oceania Lisbon to Cape town and Cape town to Singapore and would recommend both itineraries. Fortunately we sailed with and met delightful passengers.😄

We did Dubai to Cape Town and it was one of our favorites. First did the gulf ports including Oman then on to Mumbai, Goa, Mangalore, and Cochin in India..fascinating places. In Africa went to Mombasa, Zanzibar, Dar as Salaam, Nosey Be Madagascar, Maputo. In South Africa did Richards Bay, Durbin, and Cape Town. Every place was fascinating and Maputo was a bit spooky..lots of aimless young men hanging around the port exit trying to sell stuff.

We did Dubai to Cape Town and it was one of our favorites. First did the gulf ports including Oman then on to Mumbai, Goa, Mangalore, and Cochin in India..fascinating places. In Africa went to Mombasa, Zanzibar, Dar as Salaam, Nosey Be Madagascar, Maputo. In South Africa did Richards Bay, Durbin, and Cape Town. Every place was fascinating and Maputo was a bit spooky..lots of aimless young men hanging around the port exit trying to sell stuff.

A lot of folks have mentioned that area. Might have to tack it on if O does it before or after they do their 12-14 day South African cruise out of Capetown.