Oceania Marina refit

Pompey Lil

Wondered if anyone knows if Marina is due some sort of refurb next March? I’ve seen that she is in Papeete for a week next year.

I know she had one in 2016 with new carpets throughout.

We’ve just returned from a cruise on her this year & everything was fine but I’ve seen a review that someone else’s suite was looking tired.

We are going again next May & would be nice if she’s been made even lovelier :D

This company has no shame regarding the degree of wear and tear they will allow their once beautiful and luxurious ships to endure before finally refurbishing them. Our first and only Regent cruise was on the very very shoddy Mariner. Drapes and furnishings were worn and torn, tvs were state of the art from 15 years ago..it was really disgusting. Yet soon after our cruise in 2016 they postponed dry dock for another year before it was finally refurbished.

She needs it. We returned this year and it was not pretty and we were in a Vista Suite. I would like to know myself when she is due for some upkeep.

We were fortunate enough to be in one of the Owners Suites & it was fab. However we are going again May next years & will have friends onboard so hope all is good.

I have emailed Oceania to ask the question. I’ll let you know if I get a reply. (y)

This company has no shame regarding the degree of wear and tear they will allow their once beautiful and luxurious ships to endure before finally refurbishing them. Our first and only Regent cruise was on the very very shoddy Mariner. Drapes and furnishings were worn and torn, tvs were state of the art from 15 years ago..it was really disgusting. Yet soon after our cruise in 2016 they postponed dry dock for another year before it was finally refurbished.

I haven't found this to be the case at all on Oceania's ships. Quite the opposite.

Next February the Marina has a charter in FP, explaining the opening in its schedule. No refurbishment then.

Tahiti would be the last place on earth to refurbish anything, let alone a ship. costs would be 5x anywhere else

I haven't found this to be the case at all on Oceania's ships. Quite the opposite.

I agree...never have seen any un normal wear.. I did overhear someone commenting that O was ready to be scrapped because she saw, under a stair case and an on a bulkhead some rust spots...... I can't imagine having to endure looking at a 15 yearold TV, how horrible.......Frankly I think some folks are a bit too tightly wound !!!

I agree...never have seen any un normal wear.. I did overhear someone commenting that O was ready to be scrapped because she saw, under a stair case and an on a bulkhead some rust spots...... I can't imagine having to endure looking at a 15 yearold TV, how horrible.......Frankly I think some folks are a bit too tightly wound !!!

You are right some people are too tightly wound and I do not want to be there when they come undone. five cruises on four different ships and all were in good condition.

On every Oceania cruise I've been on there is constant preventative maintenance, more than any other cruise line I've been on.

I really can't understand comments like "she needs it".

On every Oceania cruise I've been on there is constant preventative maintenance, more than any other cruise line I've been on.

I really can't understand comments like "she needs it".

Absolutely agree. I now have a reply from Oceania & she is due refurbishment in 2020. She is scheduled for dry dock between 23rdApril 2020 and 30th April 2020.

• 2 months later...

I totally agree with you, ORV. Aside from the ridiculously small bathrooms on the R-Class ships (which are all slated for a much-needed upgrade), all of the ships we have sailed on have been immaculate. The larger Riviera is, in my opinion, a floating masterpiece.

We were on the Marina in July 2018 (12 day Baltic Cruise). She looked great. They were actively working on her during our trip. They varnished the balconies, painted, repaired carpet, etc. all while we were in various ports. We didn't notice any large, obvious problems.

We were on the Marina in July 2018 (12 day Baltic Cruise). She looked great. They were actively working on her during our trip. They varnished the balconies, painted, repaired carpet, etc. all while we were in various ports. We didn't notice any large, obvious problems.

This is ongoing maintenance

They do this on every cruise we have been on

I saw some rust on our balcony ..:eek::eek:

Greetings from South Beach, Everyone. The plethora of new ships and their creative offerings stimulate what I think of as used tissue syndrome. One of the problems with cruising today is that a ship Marina's age, at around eight years, is super scrutinized for signs of age. Yesterday's features are passe. What is new sells. The dark side of the industry is its wish to expand is fueling the very competition that will leave many vessels behind in the race for top dollar. Being the newest is short term. In my opinion, though, the flood of new ships will benefit us bill payers. Management will have to entice us to sail on the not so new. For example, Regent's Explorer is already being eclipsed by her sister, Splendor. The newest reigns.

Mary