Children with military ID

cruising3tlr

Hi there,

My daughters, ages 10 and 13, both have military IDs from my exhusband. I have taken the kids on several cruises, and never thought about asking for OBC. I was married for 10 years, but ofcourse they took my id at the divorce. What sort of benefits are the girls entitled to? We shop at the commissary, but that is about it. He hasn't seen or acknowledged them for over 8 years, except court ordered child support which is sadly in arrears again.

Thanks so much for your help.

To my knowledge, most cruise lines only offer military discount or OBC to the military member, or sometimes to the spouse of a military member who is currently deployed. I don't know of any lines who offer anything extra to children traveling without the military sponsor.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there,

My daughters, ages 10 and 13, both have military IDs from my exhusband. I have taken the kids on several cruises, and never thought about asking for OBC. I was married for 10 years, but ofcourse they took my id at the divorce. What sort of benefits are the girls entitled to? We shop at the commissary, but that is about it. He hasn't seen or acknowledged them for over 8 years, except court ordered child support which is sadly in arrears again.

Thanks so much for your help.

actually commissary access is not a guarantee and many times an child's ID is NOT accepted as being valid. same with Exchange purchases. too much fraud was going on. parents buying items not for the direct use of the kids who were the only authorized dependents.

discounts and other services are only for the servicemember and maybe a spouse. never children.

they keep Tricare access. Standard is the norm, the child support order must stipulate Prime and dental.

• 1 year later...
Most state that the military member or spouse (with ID) are allowed the discounts. Princess offers OBC.

I don't see how this could be correct as you have to submit a copy of a DD214 (Discharge Certificate) showing an honorable discharge to qualify for the military OBC. Not saying that it isn't correct, just don't see how it could be based on the current Princess policy.

Tom