Returning from Europe 2019?

vedettes1

Just part of the issue with the late 2019 schedule coming out in dribs and drabs discussed in another thread. All a great mystery.

Here's what I know/guess.

The Spirit just stays in Tahiti.

The Legend is in Alaska through Early September, and then I'm guessing will either go to the Caribbean or East/South Asia, so no European crossing.

The Surf has a 10/29 departure from Barcelona for Lisbon, and I guess will either to one RT out of Lisbon or more like to the crossing after that.

The Breeze and Star are in the med at least through mid-November and the crossing should be shortly after that.

The Pride is the biggest mystery with still nothing posted after June.

We will all see - my speculation is that the Pride may be going in for some major work (lengthening??) but WS hasn't decided.

Just part of the issue with the late 2019 schedule coming out in dribs and drabs discussed in another thread. All a great mystery.

The Legend is in Alaska through Early September, and then I'm guessing will either go to the Caribbean or East/South Asia, so no European crossing.

The Surf has a 10/29 departure from Barcelona for Lisbon, and I guess will either to one RT out of Lisbon or more like to the crossing after that.

The Breeze and Star are in the med at least through mid-November and the crossing should be shortly after that.

We will all see - my speculation is that the Pride may be going in for some major work (lengthening??) but WS hasn't decided.

Sure wish I could edit! What I meant for the Surf is that there is a Barcelona:Lisbon itin that would be the time for either a crossing or one more med RT before.

Sure wish I could edit! What I meant for the Surf is that there is a Barcelona:Lisbon itin that would be the time for either a crossing or one more med RT before.

I was told by someone at WS that the Surf will have dry dock and renovations in 2019 so she might stay over there after Lisbon. Just rumor, speculation.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

While on the Wind Spirit, I asked the captain about the lack of transatlantic offerings in November of 2019. He thought for sure I was wrong and ran back to the bridge to check. When he came back, he told us that one of the motorized yachts was going to stay in the Med longer. Also the Wind Surf and Wind Star would be coming back without passengers while they did upgrades on the insides of the ships. They would they drydock once they got offer to work on the larger items. No details on what was being done though.

The Legend is heading down the coast from Vancouver to Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama Canal and on to San Juan. I'd love to do San Diego to Puerto Vallarta, but it is during hurricane season, and I'd rather not chance it.

Star Breeze and Wind Surf are in Europe until at least early November.

The latest cruise currently posted for Star Breeze is 7 Nov 2019 - 8-day Venice to Rome.

Wind Surf has 29 Oct 2019 - 8 day Barcelona to Lisbon. Then a gap until 21 Dec 2019 in the Caribbean.

Wind Star is also staying in Europe until early November and then it has a 14-day gap between that and the Caribbean - less of a break than Wind Surf but no crossing posted.

So that fits with what SB44 and Howell have heard - some dry dock plus a crossing without passengers to do some upgrades on Wind Surf and a passengerless crossing for Wind Star..

Star Legend goes down the West Coast of North America and through the Panama Canal to the Caribbean so no Fall 2019 crossing for it.

Star Pride still only has sailings out to July posted.

FYI - a crossing without passengers is known as "wet dock."

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

Not correctly. A wet dock is when the ship is docked in water - which it is for stops or could be for a longer time doing work that doesn't require pulling it out of the water into a dry dock.

Crossing an ocean isn't "docked".

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...