Canadian visiting Havana on Oceania

walkerspt

Hi

Just booked a cruise on Regatta that has a one day stop in Havana. We are Canadians and are confused about the

visa process. Does Oceania obtain the visas for Canadians as well? If not, how do we go about getting it! Is there a special form to fill out because we’re travelling from Miami, instead of a Canadian city? Many thanks for any help.

I find it annoying that non-Americans have to comply with the regulations imposed on Americans.The FAQ says - Will non-U.S. guests be allowed to travel on these sailings?

Yes. As with travelers from the United States, non-U.S. guests will need to certify that they are traveling under one of the approved OFAC categories, keep records of their activities (for 5 years!) and sign affidavits confirming they are doing so.

I had thought it would be interesting to go on an Oceania cruise that included Cuba, but I won't bother. I am not faulting Oceania.

I find it annoying that non-Americans have to comply with the regulations imposed on Americans.The FAQ says - Will non-U.S. guests be allowed to travel on these sailings?

Yes. As with travelers from the United States, non-U.S. guests will need to certify that they are traveling under one of the approved OFAC categories, keep records of their activities (for 5 years!) and sign affidavits confirming they are doing so.

I had thought it would be interesting to go on an Oceania cruise that included Cuba, but I won't bother. I am not faulting Oceania.

I agree

We can go on a land trip with less hassle

Also agree but cruise is booked. We’ve actually never been to Cuba although plenty of friends have and we are looking forward to spending the day in Havana. It’s a hassle for sure but no choice if we want to go.

Also agree but cruise is booked. We’ve actually never been to Cuba although plenty of friends have and we are looking forward to spending the day in Havana. It’s a hassle for sure but no choice if we want to go.

Just fill in the form

keep notes if you want

I doubt the USA have minders following people around

Many have posted they got off the ship & walked around or got tours with the locals

Enjoy

Hi

Just booked a cruise on Regatta that has a one day stop in Havana. We are Canadians and are confused about the

visa process. Does Oceania obtain the visas for Canadians as well? If not, how do we go about getting it! Is there a special form to fill out because we’re travelling from Miami, instead of a Canadian city? Many thanks for any help.

Yes.

We are US citizens. Oceania took care of our visa and health insurance requirements. All the necessary forms were emailed to us to complete online well before our cruise. Takes about 5 minutes to complete. No big deal. Oceania staff checked us off their list verifying that the forms were completed and on file before we were allowed to board. They will keep a record that you complied for required 5 years. At least that was true on our recent cruise to Cuba on Sirena.

We had no problem walking around on our own in Santiago De Cuba, Cienfuegos, and Havana. Took seversl private tours including a fabulous 3 hour tour around Havana in a restored 50’s pink Cadillac convertible for 45 CUCS. Very safe to walk around on your own day and night. Cuban people were very friendly and welcoming to us.

Enjoy your cruise.

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Went with Viking Ocean. They had us fill out the form (not a big deal, and no visa required) but after that, there was no monitoring of what we did.

It is the US government that requires self monitoring

I am sure the Cuban government could care less