A1 Cabin Selection, which deck is better 10, 11 or 12?

Vacation Buddies

Cruising on Riviera for the first time, purchasing a A1 cabin... Any advice on which cabin I should choose? Was Looking at 12004 and then saw a few posts stating we should choose the starboard side?? And a lower deck so we can be in the middle of the ship??? What cabins are good, bad, obstructed view, deck size any information will help.

Thank you

the A cabins are all the same size

just pick the location that suits your needs/wants

I believe the one on deck 12 are more private as you will be up there with the suites

The starboard side cabins are under the fitness centre ..not sure if that makes a difference

otherwise Port or starboard doesn't matter the both go to the same ports ;)

JMO

If you are going with an A1 Cabin deck 12 is a good choice because of the seclusion and quiet since few cabins are in that more out of the way part of the ship. We prefer A2 cabins in the center of deck 9 especially on a transatlantic voyage. Also, one of the perks of A cabins is access to Concierge lounge on deck 9. You are paying for that benefit so good to have a cabin on same deck as the lounge in order to have easy access to it.

Just wondering if A1 on deck 11 is better than than deck 12 on

Better in what way?

It is all about location & what works for you

If you suffer from motion sickness being at the front of the ship would not be good

If you like to be near the elevators being the furthest cabin away from them would not be good

Just saying

Looking a deck plans and wondering what the stars on some of the cabins mean?

on the deck plan online put your cursor over the cabin

it will tell you on the right side

It it a triple with sofabed

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/riviera/deck-plans/

if you are looking at the brochure there is a legend on the page that tells you what the symbols mean

I just did fake bookings on the 3 Barcelona to Rome Riviera cruises in 2019 and here's what I found. First I would book on the starboard side so I could see more land while at sea. As far as the 12th deck, 12003 and 12005 were only available on the Aug cruise. They were booked on the Apr and Jun cruises. 11043 and 11045 were available on both the Jun and Aug cruise, but sold out on the Apr cruise. There were plenty of rooms available on the 10th deck. Conclusion. The favorite rooms of folks are on the 12th deck, then the 11th deck. Not very scientific, but that's what I found out. Hope this helps.

I just did fake bookings on the 3 Barcelona to Rome Riviera cruises in 2019 and here's what I found. First I would book on the starboard side.

My apologizes. We would pick the port side rather than the starboard side. It was early in the morning when I wrote this.

I just did fake bookings on the 3 Barcelona to Rome Riviera cruises in 2019 and here's what I found. First I would book on the starboard side so I could see more land while at sea

FWIW, for various safety and technical reasons, the Ship will almost never be within sight of land, unless she is entering or leaving a port.

FWIW, for various safety and technical reasons, the Ship will almost never be within sight of land, unless she is entering or leaving a port.

Good point. But for us if we have a choice it's always fun if possible to see land from your balcony when you arrive at a port. On the other hand when we're leaving, we always seem to be eating or doing something other than sitting on our balcony.