Ship board credit.

juliet

After reading several threads about ship board credits I'm still confused. Can they be used for the tipping they usually charge for? Can you have it put back on your credit card at the end if you don't use it all? Thanks in advance.

Two kinds of SBC:

Non-refundable (e.g., O Life SBC, Oceania/TA promo SBC)

Refundable (i.e., "gift"/commission sharing from TA, onboard refund of pre-purchased excursions appropriately cancelled by you or O).

Your bank of non-refundable $ is debited first (for expenditures) once onboard (including for gratuities). Once that is spent, the refundable SBC is used. ONLY unspent REFUNDABLE SBC is returned to you as cash (if you collect it before disembarkation or as a credit card refund weeks later).

Two kinds of SBC:

Non-refundable (e.g., O Life SBC, Oceania/TA promo SBC)

Refundable (i.e., "gift"/commission sharing from TA, onboard refund of pre-purchased excursions appropriately cancelled by you or O).

Your bank of non-refundable $ is debited first (for expenditures) once onboard (including for gratuities). Once that is spent, the refundable SBC is used. ONLY unspent REFUNDABLE SBC is returned to you as cash (if you collect it before disembarkation or as a credit card refund weeks later).

Ditto, right on the money.

My last cruise, Marina Mar 2017: Per Guest Services: refundable OBC was only available for cash out -- if not used by 3 days before end of cruise. They also said: that at that time, they were not able to give unused refundable credit as a credit on your credit card. Has the policy changed? thanks

Just got off Insignia today. If you don't collect your refundable balance by 7 AM of embarkation day, it will be posted to the credit card on file (but may take a few weeks).

Thank you for the info., Flatbush Flyer

Edited by FetaCheese
fix typo

Just got off Insignia today. If you don't collect your refundable balance by 7 AM of embarkation day, it will be posted to the credit card on file (but may take a few weeks).

thank you

Edited by FetaCheese
already responded