ms Westerdam in Juneau August 16, 2018

Scrapnana

Westerdam will be at the CT dock from 0800-1800. After numerous weeks of the HAL ship being the first one in on Thursdays, last week she was the last. We'll see if last week was just a fluke or for some reason the HAL ship is letting the others go first (of course, they are scheduled to go first;)).

After showers in the morning there is supposed to be some clearing in the afternoon but still a 50% chance of rain. High will be 62F/17C and the low 48F/9C. Sunrise is at 5:22 am and sunset at 8:40 pm.

Also in port are Norwegian Jewel at the AJ dock from 0700-1315 and Infinity at the AS dock from 0730-2000.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/.

Next up: Zaandam and Volendam on Friday.

Roy,

How did you like the size of Westie?

I like the smaller ships - but if they are all going to be sold off or sent to special itineraries, the Vista Class is a good size for me.

Carole

I was fine with the size of Westie and would happily sail her again although there were some things, not really related to size that were sub-optimal. I like being able to walk outside forward view to stern but was unable to do that on Westie with the cabana area and I much prefer the traditional piano bar to Billboard Online.

My other complaint is that there seems to be a persistent problem with internet on Westie; it was much better both on Oosterdam last year and Volendam this year. Of that design I actually prefer twins Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria although it's more likely to be the Vista/Signature ships due to itineraries.

I think most of the R class will be with us perhaps until I need to give up cruising; while a bit bigger than the S class I like not having a dead end hallway near the Half Moon room.

Roy

I was fine with the size of Westie and would happily sail her again although there were some things, not really related to size that were sub-optimal. I like being able to walk outside forward view to stern but was unable to do that on Westie with the cabana area and I much prefer the traditional piano bar to Billboard Online.

My other complaint is that there seems to be a persistent problem with internet on Westie; it was much better both on Oosterdam last year and Volendam this year. Of that design I actually prefer twins Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria although it's more likely to be the Vista/Signature ships due to itineraries.

I think most of the R class will be with us perhaps until I need to give up cruising; while a bit bigger than the S class I like not having a dead end hallway near the Half Moon room.

Roy

It's weird - all the things you don't like about her have been added since my 56 days straight on her. So I haven't actually had that problem with her - but I know what you mean about the cabanas - all the larger and/or refurbished Vistas have them now - including around the main pool area - which I sincerely dislike.