Regal Princess accessibility.

Regal Princess accessibility.

Good news, they have a lot of HC restrooms. However, I could not determine whose standards they used for the design.

Most restrooms had two grab bars with one grab bar at the back of the toilet and the other one on the left hand side. The only restroom I found with the grab bar on the right hand side was the ladies restroom on deck 7, forward, port side just outside the Princess Theater. Most of the time, I parked my scooter near the stool on the right hand side and used it as a “grab bar”.

Another issue for me was the stool height . I'm 5'7” and a 14” stool is a challenge to get up from. I think a number of the stools were too low. Most of those were in the unisex restrooms. Other places I'm guessing the majority were approximately 15”. I found one that was probably 16” or 17”, but do not remember where it was.

Overall, the ship is very accessible and very easy to get almost anyplace. On each side of the ship, there was an automatic door (motion detected) and a door with a push button for the deck outside deck 7. Those exits had a roll-over lip. For daily walkers, that deck does not go all the way around the ship. One can go on either side, but cannot travel completely around. No track either forward or aft.

• 3 months later...