Loyalty Match Question

Cruisermom2nick

So it has been three days and I have yet to receive a status match. I went ahead and created an account to see if it is there. It says to wait for a confirmation email which after an hour I have not received.

I waited for several days and never received any match. Then I re-read the instructions. It said I had to send in Screenshot in PDF form (one other type of form but I can't recall). I turned my screenshot into PDF and attached it to the form and within 2 days had my status match.

Problem was, I matched us to Carnival since had 138 days and ended up being only Silver. Called MSC and they told me to resubmit form and with my NCL Platinum status proof. I did and within 2 days received an email stating that we are now Black.

I waited for several days and never received any match. Then I re-read the instructions. It said I had to send in Screenshot in PDF form (one other type of form but I can't recall). I turned my screenshot into PDF and attached it to the form and within 2 days had my status match.

Problem was, I matched us to Carnival since had 138 days and ended up being only Silver. Called MSC and they told me to resubmit form and with my NCL Platinum status proof. I did and within 2 days received an email stating that we are now Black.

I made this mistake also. Submitted what I thought was my highest status. I was wrong. Want to re-submit to get a higher status on MSC. I asked this question on CC and I was told you could only submit the form once. Now, I see you have done it successfully and I am going to give it a shot. Nothing to lose! :cool: Did you get your 5 percent off your cruise?

I made this mistake also. Submitted what I thought was my highest status. I was wrong. Want to re-submit to get a higher status on MSC. I asked this question on CC and I was told you could only submit the form once. Now, I see you have done it successfully and I am going to give it a shot. Nothing to lose! :cool: Did you get your 5 percent off your cruise?

Yes I did get the 5% off the next 3 cruises I booked. We have 5 cruises booked with MSC right now and sure do hope I like it. LOL:D

Actually got 5% off the very first cruise I booked because military gets 5% off.

I was told by MSC agent to status match with the most days, well who would have thought that 138 days on Carnival would only get you Silver (4500 points) and 98 days on NCL got us Black (10000). I am so glad they changed it. I was kicking myself for putting in the wrong status match.

That 5% can add up.

Yes I did get the 5% off the next 3 cruises I booked. We have 5 cruises booked with MSC right now and sure do hope I like it. LOL:D

Actually got 5% off the very first cruise I booked because military gets 5% off.

I was told by MSC agent to status match with the most days, well who would have thought that 138 days on Carnival would only get you Silver (4500 points) and 98 days on NCL got us Black (10000). I am so glad they changed it. I was kicking myself for putting in the wrong status match.

That 5% can add up.

Yay!!!! Going to do it!!!

Hmmm, that sounds fishy. We had them match our loyalty club from Costa (2 cruises) and MSC gave us Silver status. You should have gotten Black with having had 21 nights w/ Carnival!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 nights with Carnival isn't all that much, it is Carnival's lower level, so I can't imagine MSC would match that to black. I had Platinum on Princess and was only matched to gold. At the time I chose that as it was a higher category than the gold level on Carnival. Carnival's platinum would be more similar to the Black status on MSC. Which is over 70 days I do believe (I go platinum on Carnival this year).

21 nights with Carnival isn't all that much, it is Carnival's lower level, so I can't imagine MSC would match that to black. I had Platinum on Princess and was only matched to gold. At the time I chose that as it was a higher category than the gold level on Carnival. Carnival's platinum would be more similar to the Black status on MSC. Which is over 70 days I do believe (I go platinum on Carnival this year).

Carnival's Platinum only matches to MSC's Gold. We had 138 days on Carnival and Platinum and was matched to Gold. Had to resubmit form to match to our NCL Platinum to get the Black.

• 2 weeks later...
My husband was matched to MSC black and I was not...Does he have to be with us on the cruise to receive benefits? Meaning could we use his account to book me and my mother on a cruise? I'm pretty sure he has to be there, but just checking...

The guest has to be sailing on the ship to get the benefits, they can't be used by another guest. If you try and book with his Black card number one of you will not be allowed to embark as the details on your passport will not match with the details on his account.

This is from the T&Cs

"6.5 The points and benefits assigned to the members are strictly personal and cannot be

yielded, transferred, sold, converted into money or reimbursed in the case of partial use."

My husband was matched to MSC black and I was not...Does he have to be with us on the cruise to receive benefits? Meaning could we use his account to book me and my mother on a cruise? I'm pretty sure he has to be there, but just checking...

Yes he does have to be there, you do not say why you were not matched to black, if you qualify then call MSC and get yourself matched. The benefits of black status are definitely worth having.

We had our status match within 4hours (emailed in during UK working hours) - I have to say, the MSC Cruises staff are very quick on email and extremely efficient compared to experiences with other cruise lines!

Happily sailed into Black on our last voyage!

Yes he does have to be there, you do not say why you were not matched to black, if you qualify then call MSC and get yourself matched. The benefits of black status are definitely worth having.

No, he is Hilton Diamond and I am not. Poor guy is going to have to travel with us.:cool:

Same here, silver NCL and I got a classic. I should have used my gold Hilton, but no matter, benefit for Silver and classic is not much other than a fresh fruit basket, and I'll get to silver on next cruise anyway. Even with Classic you do get a invitation to Welcome Cocktail party (Divina had Champagne only)

One more, no matter who you use to book, once you are a classic member and above, you will get 5% disc. So, make sure your TA input your Voyager Club# to booking which then the discount shows up automatically.

I hope to go back and read the entire thread, but I'm just home from my first transatlantic - and I did a 14 night eastbound on NCL (first on them), 3 nights in Barcelona, then 14 nights westbound on Carnival. Whew! It was fabulous!

So, get a text while I'm sitting in the airport from cruise friends who said they booked Divina in December. I almost never sail without having another cruise booked, but I didn't, so I decided to join them.

Here's the thing - I'm 10 nights shy of being Diamond on Carnival. No real status with any hotel groups. Only 2 star Mariner on HAL.

If I match to Platinum now, for my first MSC cruise, which I've read will not be Black but only Gold, if I then get to Diamond on Carnival, I can't then match again, correct?

Thing is, I just don't really know if I'm going to get to Diamond. I love Carnival but after almost 30 cruises with them in about 15 years, I'm moving to other lines. Like HAL, liked NCL, and hope I'll like MSC.

Just trying to decide if I should go ahead and match now or wait. If I sign up for MSC's loyalty program and do NOT match now, that won't have any impact if I get to Carnival's Diamond and decide to match later will it?

Hope this all makes sense! Thanks!

If I match to Platinum now, for my first MSC cruise, which I've read will not be Black but only Gold, if I then get to Diamond on Carnival, I can't then match again, correct?

Technically correct: You are only supposed to be allowed to request status match one time. But it doesn't sound like they are always strict about that (there is an example just a few messages up of someone successfully submitting a second match request).

If I sign up for MSC's loyalty program and do NOT match now, that won't have any impact if I get to Carnival's Diamond and decide to match later will it?

You can wait until later to match, and they will add your existing MSC points to your newly matched level.

I hope to go back and read the entire thread, but I'm just home from my first transatlantic - and I did a 14 night eastbound on NCL (first on them), 3 nights in Barcelona, then 14 nights westbound on Carnival. Whew! It was fabulous!

So, get a text while I'm sitting in the airport from cruise friends who said they booked Divina in December. I almost never sail without having another cruise booked, but I didn't, so I decided to join them.

Here's the thing - I'm 10 nights shy of being Diamond on Carnival. No real status with any hotel groups. Only 2 star Mariner on HAL.

Thing is, I just don't really know if I'm going to get to Diamond. I love Carnival but after almost 30 cruises with them in about 15 years, I'm moving to other lines. Like HAL, liked NCL, and hope I'll like MSC.

Just trying to decide if I should go ahead and match now or wait. If I sign up for MSC's loyalty program and do NOT match now, that won't have any impact if I get to Carnival's Diamond and decide to match later will it?

Hope this all makes sense! Thanks!

Do you cruise solo?

If not, here's what I did.

When we were going to go on Divina, DH and I were only Select on Celebrity. I didn't know if I would like MSC at all, but I wanted the 5%, so I status matched him only. It came out Gold.

Then we did our cruise on Celebrity that brought us to Elite, so I status matched me which gave me Black. I don't think we miss too much with only one of us Black, plus we're in the Yacht Club.

My husband and I both just applied for matching status. We are Diamond on RCCL so should get black status.

Will we both get black benefits on our cruise? Two dinners, two complimentary bottles of sparkling wine in cabin etc???