MSC Seaside Fantastica Dining & Show Question- sailing 6/9

kimflkim

Hello! Setting sail for my first time on MSC 6/9 with the Fantastica experience and have a few questions!

1. My booking says preferred dining... when do I get the exact seating? I read somewhere you get it when you get on the ship and it could be as early as 5:15pm? But then I've seen some other posts where folks have their times. When I board I want to RELAX, not stress about dining!

2. Also, I booked the Trio package- 3 specialty restaurants. Do I have to wait to get on board before making those reservations too? (haha, one more thing for me to stress about)

3. Shows- I heard they are great! But I also heard you have to make reservations? Hard to do until of course I know my dining time. Also, when do I reserve seats? I don't think it's like RCL Harmony where you reserve before you board?

I would call MSC- but don't have the patience to wait on hold for almost 2 hours (again). I also did the website "call me" submission and have yet to hear back more than 2 days ago. Sadly my travel agent hasn't had much experience with MSC and even he has to call and wait on hold forever. So unless this is the absolute best cruise ever I'm not sure dealing with their customer service is worth the hassle?

I know once on board with an umbrella drink all my stress will sail away.

Thanks in advance for everyone's insight.

Kim

Are there any "experiences" you can book where you get your dining time ahead of boarding? Is there a way to pre-book shows before boarding, as you can with some ships on Royal, or is it something everyone must wait until boarding to do?

Hi Kim ,

To answer your question about the Dining Trio , yes you do have to wait until you board to make reservations .

Also , you are required to reserve the seating for the shows, but it is easily done from your cabin TV , the MSC for Me app or from the video screens found about the ship . The seating is limited but not crazy like RCCL reservations . Also if you were unable to secure a show reservation you can show up at the theater and they will open up the available seats from those who are no shows about 10 minutes before the scheduled start time. There always seems to be no shows.

Then lastly , once on board and you see what your assigned diner seating time is , if it's not not to your liking go see the Head M'tradi and they will do their best to accommodate your request . Hope this helps !