Quantum out of Shanghai

smtcan

We are on Quantum and will try to answer any questions you may have. We found it difficult to get information before we boarded, so hopefully I can help others. Generally International guests are well treated and we are enjoying the cruise.

Sheila

Did you encounter a problem with China visa? Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No problems in Toronto. We filled out the forms on line, printed them then took them to the visa office. It took about ten minutes to have them checked, then picked passports up four days later.

No problems in Toronto. We filled out the forms on line, printed them then took them to the visa office. It took about ten minutes to have them checked, then picked passports up four days later.

Good to know. Thanks for the response!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 months later...

Hi Sheila. My family and I are American English-speakers (my husband and part of the party are Vietnamese but grew up in the US) cruising on Quantum next summer from Tianjin. I understand the primary language onboard is Mandarin. Did you find this to be a problem? Are the announcements generally made in English as well? Are the shows in Mandarin? Trivia/games? We love Asian cuisine, so that is not an issue. Any tips/tricks/input you have would be greatly appreciated. It is difficult to find info on this cruise! Where did you stay the night before? We will have been in Japan/China for about 2 weeks before the cruise. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Can International Guests or C & A members enter the Solarium as I noticed its exclusive for suites only. Is there a backdoor in? Thanks

I've read that they allow Diamonds and above into the solarium. There is another entrance from deck 13 forward but not sure whether this would have the same card access as the main door.

We are on Quantum and will try to answer any questions you may have. We found it difficult to get information before we boarded, so hopefully I can help others. Generally International guests are well treated and we are enjoying the cruise.

Sheila

Wonderland - Is it converted to Wonderland Da Dong and would you have a picture of the menu.

Is the new cruise terminal complete?