Docking location in Antigua

rsail203

The Cruise TT website states that the QM2 docks in English Harbor on Nov. 30th. The people on my requested excursion states that it's 45 minutes away from St. Johns where they normally pick up passengers. Is Cruise TT correct about QM 2's docking location?

The itinerary for voyage M845 "Eastern Caribbean" on Cunard's web site lists the port call on November 30 as "anchor - English Harbour, Antigua".

Our one time on QM2 when we called at Antigua was a few years ago (December 27, 2013). On that occasion, we called at English Harbour. The daily programme for that day is titled "Maiden Call, At Anchor In The Port Of English Harbour Town, Antigua".

On that basis, I would think it is likely your call at Antigua on November 30 will indeed be at English Harbour.

Lucky you! Most cruise ships dock in the middle of St.John's and in vary rare cases, anchor off English Harbour. There is no dock at English Harbour so it's a tender port. I would have said St. John's is 30 minutes away but you don't want to be there anyway. Hey - saves you the taxi fare!

Does anyone know exactly where the English Harbour tender dock is? BTW during last year's corresponding cruise, passengers were unable to disembark. Well, most passengers. It's a long story.

Does anyone know exactly where the English Harbour tender dock is? BTW during last year's corresponding cruise, passengers were unable to disembark. Well, most passengers. It's a long story.

An insert to our December 27, 2013 daily programme states the tender service for that particular voyage was to the Antigua Yacht Club. Google Maps indicates that's about 1/2 mile northwest of Nelson's Dockyard.

Be happy you're not calling at St. John's which can be a seething mass when you, as too often happens, get 4-5 big ships crammed in at once. English Harbour is on the far south of the Island and is an idyllic situation. Just lovely. I suspect the launches come right into the yacht harbour there so you can rub noses if not boat fenders with the yacht types. QM2, too, should look quite magnificent anchored in the bay and quite apart from all the "regular" cruise ships. If you are booking a private excursion, the firm you are using should know the designated berthing for QM2 from the harbour authorities already. But I am pretty certain QM2 would find St. John's a tight fit.

An insert to our December 27, 2013 daily programme states the tender service for that particular voyage was to the Antigua Yacht Club. Google Maps indicates that's about 1/2 mile northwest of Nelson's Dockyard.

Thanks so much. I thought so but had not been able to confirm. The December 4, 2017 Daily Programme does not say.

In 2017 we were to have anchored off the same location. Unfortunately conditions did not permit tendering (3 foot swells making the ship-to-tender transfer very difficult) so we had a bonus sea day in the Caribbean.