Drinks on Us Package

stoddaj1

Just looking at a cruise from Miami on March break and noticed the free drinks on us package. Is this the classic package that is include or something lesser? I cannot determine from the description. I like pina coladas etc. Is this package able to be upgraded to premium and does anyone know the cost for doing so if it is possible? Thanks for your help.

All Caribbean sailings are currently offering the "Drinks on Us" package. It is very basic but offers a few choices of beer, like Bud, Coors & Heineken. a few wines by the glass. One or two choices of vodka (Seagram's) or gin. One basic choice in a category. Can be ordered neat or mixed with soda or juice, but nothing blended or with a shaker, and also included is canned or fountain soda. You are responsible to pay the 15% gratuity for any drink ordered under that basic package.

We felt it is a great offer if you are happy with those basic offerings. Then we researched and for $18 pp/per day ($126 for the week x 2) we decided to add the classic package which will satisfy almost all/any drinks we feel we must try, and will have no added 15% gratuities to our orders. If you have to "have it all" they offer the deluxe beverage pkg for $26 pp per day which offers top shelf as well as in room mini bar as well as gelato etc.. Although it would be nice to go all crazy, we opted to upgrade to the classic and are very happy with our decision

Gelato and specialty coffee drinks are also included with the Classic pkg. I️ figure we will spend at least $100 in gratuity on the Drinks on Us pkg, so an additional $150 total for a bigger selection and not having to worry about I️t seemed like a no brained.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All Caribbean sailings are currently offering the "Drinks on Us" package. It is very basic but offers a few choices of beer, like Bud, Coors & Heineken. a few wines by the glass. One or two choices of vodka (Seagram's) or gin. One basic choice in a category. Can be ordered neat or mixed with soda or juice, but nothing blended or with a shaker, and also included is canned or fountain soda. You are responsible to pay the 15% gratuity for any drink ordered under that basic package.

We felt it is a great offer if you are happy with those basic offerings. Then we researched and for $18 pp/per day ($126 for the week x 2) we decided to add the classic package which will satisfy almost all/any drinks we feel we must try, and will have no added 15% gratuities to our orders. If you have to "have it all" they offer the deluxe beverage pkg for $26 pp per day which offers top shelf as well as in room mini bar as well as gelato etc.. Although it would be nice to go all crazy, we opted to upgrade to the classic and are very happy with our decision

Just to clarify, if we book with the Drinks on Us promo, we would only need to pay $18 pp/per day to upgrade from that very basic package to the classic package? Could we do that before sailing or does that need to be done on board?

If we can upgrade in this manner, Seaside is looking like an excellent value for a trip with our daughter next spring!

Just to clarify, if we book with the Drinks on Us promo, we would only need to pay $18 pp/per day to upgrade from that very basic package to the classic package? Could we do that before sailing or does that need to be done on board?

If we can upgrade in this manner, Seaside is looking like an excellent value for a trip with our daughter next spring!

We booked with the Drinks on Us package. At the time of booking, told agent we wanted to upgrade to the Classic package. It was $18pp per day to upgrade and worth it to us. The amount was added to the price of our cruise and is due with final payment.

I have not yet sailed this cruise line. I am due to set sail in two weeks! We just booked this about 2 months ago and just a week ago added the Classic pkg by calling it in even though we went through a TA. It is listed in our documents now as classic beverage plan. I am almost certain that was a charge of $126 x 2. All adults in the cabin are obligated to purchase it, so hopefully everyone in your stateroom is up for it. I think I read that if you wait until you are onboard you may be charged the 15% for the purchased value. Not for each individual drink you order (Unlike the drinks on us plan that WILL charge 15% per beverage) I hope I'm right on this! I also am unsure if gelato is covered on the classic plan? I didn't think it was, but will happily try it if it is!

I have not yet sailed this cruise line. I am due to set sail in two weeks! We just booked this about 2 months ago and just a week ago added the Classic pkg by calling it in even though we went through a TA. It is listed in our documents now as classic beverage plan. I am almost certain that was a charge of $126 x 2. All adults in the cabin are obligated to purchase it, so hopefully everyone in your stateroom is up for it. I think I read that if you wait until you are onboard you may be charged the 15% for the purchased value. Not for each individual drink you order (Unlike the drinks on us plan that WILL charge 15% per beverage) I hope I'm right on this! I also am unsure if gelato is covered on the classic plan? I didn't think it was, but will happily try it if it is!

Yes, you can add it now. Either through your TA or directly through MSC. If you do I️t through your TA it is added to your total. If you call MSC directly, they charge you now. Fully refundable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What happens if you bought the fantastica package -- can you opt just to get the coupons? because the coupons includes the gelato

==============

When booking there is an option for 2 for1 and Drinks are on Us promotion. If you ask to choose 2 for 1 then you will get a voucher book.

Kids don't need to upgrade, but then MSC confused themself and they might say kids do but kids packages are always different than adult package so they don't need to be upgrade, as long as you feel they are good with DAOU package (soda, water & juice).

Here is drink comparison chart fromMSC.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/2018%20Drink%20Package%20Comparison%20Guise%20with%20DRINKS%20ON%20US.pdf