No Shore Excursions in port of Osaka on Quantum saling on 7th July from Shanghai

Am sailing on Quantum of the Seas on the 7th July to Japan. In the first port of call to Osaka on the 9th July Royal Caribbean are showing no port trips. I've contacted RC but they tell me they are all sold out! So .... could anyone tell me if we can get off the ship and walk to any interesting places near the port please? There looks to be a waterfront area with shops and restaurants close by but I'm note sure how far, so if anyone who has been there could help it would be good to have some knowledge before we go.

Many thanks.

I can offer nothing of value in this situation, other than to keep looking. I wanted to Dive in Bonaire last year and Royal had nothing on their website, or available via Crown and Anchor until 3 weeks before the cruise, by which it was too late for me.

For, what little its worth,

Bill

• 2 months later...
Am sailing on Quantum of the Seas on the 7th July to Japan. In the first port of call to Osaka on the 9th July Royal Caribbean are showing no port trips. I've contacted RC but they tell me they are all sold out! So .... could anyone tell me if we can get off the ship and walk to any interesting places near the port please? There looks to be a waterfront area with shops and restaurants close by but I'm note sure how far, so if anyone who has been there could help it would be good to have some knowledge before we go.

Many thanks.

They lied to you about the Osaka shore excursions selling out. They cancelled all existing shore excursions for this port and did not offer any at all. Their stated reason to me: their scheduled late arrival of 2pm. They just simply cancelled everything due to their poor planning and docking time.