UPDATED:- ALL the INFO (in table form) on EXPERIENCES, MSC CLUB, SERVICE CHARGES etc.

Skier52

I booked a Bella balcony on Seaside, and was assigned a Fantastica balcony (according to their deck plan colors).

Does that mean I will have Fantastica privileges on that cruise? I got the "Drinks on Us" included with the cruise, so I was more thinking about the free room service?

I booked a Bella balcony on Seaside, and was assigned a Fantastica balcony (according to their deck plan colors).

Does that mean I will have Fantastica privileges on that cruise? I got the "Drinks on Us" included with the cruise, so I was more thinking about the free room service?

You are lucky if you got a better cabin. But if you paid for Bella, you will only have the Bella privileges.

So, if you order room service, you will be charged both for the service and ala carte food and drinks.

It's funny though, because on the main booking page it says "Experience: Bella", but under Price details>Price Breakdown it says "Experience: Fantastica".

It's not a big deal really, but I wouldn't complain if we got free room service :cool:

It's funny though, because on the main booking page it says "Experience: Bella", but under Price details>Price Breakdown it says "Experience: Fantastica".

It's not a big deal really, but I wouldn't complain if we got free room service :cool:

Better make sure at guest services on boarding.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd respectfully suggest that you clear it with the concierge first - you won't be automatically entitled to have lunch on disembarkation day. We asked the concierge to ok it with the YC restaurant m'D. The concierge will also look after your luggage until you want to disembark and will arrange for someone to assist you with your bags when you leave. Well, that was my experience, anyway.

Good to know, thank you so much for the heads up. :D It sounds like the concierge will be our "new best friend" on this cruise. We have been in The Haven on NCL and the concierge really was not available much.

thanks again for helping all of us newbies .

Good to know, thank you so much for the heads up. :D It sounds like the concierge will be our "new best friend" on this cruise. We have been in The Haven on NCL and the concierge really was not available much.

thanks again for helping all of us newbies .

You're welcome! :)

In YC, there are often 2 people at the concierge desk, which is manned 24/7. They will assist you with anything you need (within their gift) - just let them know of any issues/questions/requests you have. Most crew on the concierge desk are fantastic, but there can be one or two that are not so good so, if you feel you're not being listened to, speak with the head butler (or the YC director, if there's one on the ship you're on).

Hi Skier52

Thank you for the useful information. Would you know re the specialty restaurants if they are included with the YC or should we purchase a meal package? We have a royal suite reserved on Divinia and I have not been able to figure that out (could totally be an error by user searching.) Thanks again.

Hi Skier52

Thank you for the useful information. Would you know re the specialty restaurants if they are included with the YC or should we purchase a meal package? We have a royal suite reserved on Divinia and I have not been able to figure that out (could totally be an error by user searching.) Thanks again.

AS far as I am aware there are no cabins that include specialty diners included in the fare.

If you are a Black Voyager's club member then you get one "taster menu" complimentary meal for two, per cabin, per cruise.

The taste menu choice in the diner is a limited portion of the menu.

Pete

AS far as I am aware there are no cabins that include specialty diners included in the fare.

If you are a Black Voyager's club member then you get one "taster menu" complimentary meal for two, per cabin, per cruise.

The taste menu choice in the diner is a limited portion of the menu.

Pete

Pete, thank you so much for your time!

I checked with MSC and was told each Black Card member is entitled to a meal for two, taster menu per cruise not per cabin. If both cabin members are Black Card then they will be entitled to a second meal for two on the taster menu.

I checked with MSC and was told each Black Card member is entitled to a meal for two, taster menu per cruise not per cabin. If both cabin members are Black Card then they will be entitled to a second meal for two on the taster menu.

Last November, MSC reduced the benefit to one complimentary meal per cabin. I've done 2 cruises since then (we're both Black Card holders) and we've only had one voucher for a meal for 2 on each. The subject has been discussed many times in threads on the forum.

MSC appear not to know their right from their left. Are the specialty restaurants better than the YC dining restaurant?

Not always ... depends on the ship and the restaurant. I loved Butchers Cut (which is on the new ships) but never felt the need to dine there - or anywhere else, for that matter - when in YC (we only went because we had 2 complimentary meals for 2 at the time due to being Black Card members).

We have booked YC on the Preziosa next February, 15 days with no sea days and direct flights from London to Barbados.. First time on MSC, we were given Black Card on their loyalty match. Don't really know what to expect but getting feed up with chasing sun beds on Celebrity so given MSC a try.

You'll certainly have no problems getting a sunbed in YC! Also, with your Black Card status, you'll also get a complimentary meal for 2 in the Speciality Restaurant; there are 2 - Galaxy, which is currently a sushi restaurant - and Eataly - an Italian-themed one, neither of which I have any real experience; Italian's not my thing and the Galaxy had a regular menu with fish and lamb dishes the few times we were there.

There'll be a welcome bottle of bubbly in your cabin and you'll also receive a second one during the cruise as a Black Card perk.

Hope you enjoy your first cruise on MSC! :) It's very rare to find a negative review from anyone who's sailed YC.

On Preziosa, the elevators at the front that service YC have a slot at the call buttons, where you insert your cruisecard when summoning one, then another slot on the elevator, where you again use your card. A butler should show you how when you first embark. The system doesn't always work.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no unlimited plan. All current plans have a data cap of how many gigabytes you are purchasing.

Just booked my first MSC cruise on Divina. Can anyone tell me about the Internet packages? Do they offer an “unlimited” plan onboard or is it best to pre-book before we sail? Thanks in advance for your help!

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I did see that there was a link to the drink list for those that choose the YC level. Is there a drink list for the Aurea level? It would be greatly appreciated if I could see what brands fall under the whiskey, rum and beer. Thanks so much.

The package included in Aurea is the Classic. Here's a link to the latest list of included drinks:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/2018%20Drink%20Package%20Comparison%20Guise%20with%20DRINKS%20ON%20US.pdf

This is for a US-based sailing. Upgrading to the Deluxe is great value as the difference is only $8 pppd, which will include mini-bar and food items from the room service menu, plus better quality wines. You can compare what's included in both packages for yourself from the above link.

Hi.....looking at the drinks package ......does that mean we have to pay for ordinary water or go without at lunch and dinner.......We don't drink due to medicines and medical conditions.

Jo.

Bookings for UK customers now include American coffee, tea and bottled water with meals in the main dining room ~ as specified on my latest booking confirmation

I've no idea what you mean by a 'table charge' or/and "every meal". There is a Daily Service Charge of €10 pppd (half-rate for children) which is added to your onboard account every day. This applies to cruises except US sailings (currency onboard for these is in US$ and the DSC is $12.50 pppd).

Aurea bookings come with an all-inclusive drinks package which will cover everything on the bar/lounge menus except items with either one or two asterisks. The charge for room service is also included; you just have to pay for the food items.

• 2 months later...
On 6/23/2018 at 7:26 AM, Beamafar said:

We've stayed on the ship 'til almost lunchtime on a couple of occasions when in non-YC cabins. We've been able to stay on 'til mid-afternoon and have lunch in YC on a couple of other occasions. This was on Med cruises, though, where the ship wasn't in turnaround mode (many of the ports on the itineraries were embarkation ports).

Bea - long time no speak! Got carried away with work and other things so not been around much since mid-year. Hope you had a fantastic cruise on Splendida and are well - with plenty more cruises in the pipeline. 🙂

On this very point - I've just booked Preziosa YC for next October, and we dock in Barcelona at 12PM - the majority of the other pax will be going back to Genoa (9 night itinerary) but we're just on for the 7 nights and getting off in Barcelona, as Genoa is a bugger to fly back from (indirect flights back to Edinburgh).

Do you think we will we be able to keep the cabin until around when we dock? If we ask nicely? And squeeze in a lunch before disembarking if we ask really nicely? 🙂

Edited by Captain-John