Any tips to share about Freedom of the Seas?

Hi all,

We have just booked a Southern Caribbean out of San Juan in May of 2019. This will be our 3rd cruise and our 2nd time on Freedom. Our first cruise was on Liberty, so we have only ever sailed Freedom-class ships. By the time we board in May, it will have been nearly 4 years since we've cruised.

Does anyone have any tips they would be willing to share about Freedom? Best places to eat, favourite drinks, favourite shows, what are the do-not-miss activities? Do you have any favourite rituals or routines that you like to do while on Freedom?

I really appreciate any and all tips you have to share.

Thanks!!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all,

We have just booked a Southern Caribbean out of San Juan in May of 2019. This will be our 3rd cruise and our 2nd time on Freedom. Our first cruise was on Liberty, so we have only ever sailed Freedom-class ships. By the time we board in May, it will have been nearly 4 years since we've cruised.

Does anyone have any tips they would be willing to share about Freedom? Best places to eat, favourite drinks, favourite shows, what are the do-not-miss activities? Do you have any favourite rituals or routines that you like to do while on Freedom?

I really appreciate any and all tips you have to share.

Thanks!!

A soak in one of the Cantivlevered hot tubs before bed. I enjoyed Freedom's Chops and Sabor more than some of the other ships. I've had 14 great days on here and am considering her again for 2020.

How do you get to the helicopter pad area? Thanks!

Go outside on deck 4, walk forward as far as you can go until you come to a flight of stairs. Go up the stairs, continue forward, go up another short flight of stairs.

I've done all the Freedom class and will be on Freedom this November. In addition to checking out recent Freedom reviews, be sure to check out "Trev and Chels" on YouTube. Their recent "Puerto Rico [2018]" playlist has this ship and the current itinerary. They also have a previous playlist on Freedom from the past.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM8kgDhfVwYpjsDUvzGXg2Q/playlists

PuertoRico Playlist:

Earlier FOS playlist:

Also, my tip for Freedom ships: Stay on deck 6. Only 1 flight down to promenade and I've never heard noise (as long as your room is not directly above the pub).

We are going on Freedom in Nov for the 3rd time. Can anyone remind me if there are any shows I need to book in advance? Do they still do tickets for the Ice shows? Thanks so much!!

No pre-cruise reservations for shows on Freedom. If they do have some sort of reservation process for the ice show, they will notify you onboard.

I've done all the Freedom class

Bob, I hope the OP will excuse my thread highjack, but as much as I love Freedom, is there a special reason to try the other two? (I won't hesitate to do so if I see a great rate/itinerary.)

No pre-cruise reservations for shows on Freedom. If they do have some sort of reservation process for the ice show, they will notify you onboard.

Well stated Caveat. Specifically to the ice show they seem to change their procedure a lot. I haven't checked since she came to San Juan, but will probably in 2020.

I've done all the Freedom class and will be on Freedom this November. In addition to checking out recent Freedom reviews, be sure to check out "Trev and Chels" on YouTube. Their recent "Puerto Rico [2018]" playlist has this ship and the current itinerary. They also have a previous playlist on Freedom from the past.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM8kgDhfVwYpjsDUvzGXg2Q/playlists

PuertoRico Playlist:

Earlier FOS playlist:

Also, my tip for Freedom ships: Stay on deck 6. Only 1 flight down to promenade and I've never heard noise (as long as your room is not directly above the pub).

thanks for these excellent vlogs.

The helicopter pad area can also be accessed from an access door on the right in the Star Lounge on deck 5 fwd for those that have trouble with lots of stairs. Of course there are still several stairs up to the pad itself. I was able to get out there in my wheelchair and really enjoyed it.

10734011_10204175037191790_4687153322816458509_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c6eed2b9fe0147f316beb0193dcd803c&oe=5C298C40

Bob, I hope the OP will excuse my thread highjack, but as much as I love Freedom, is there a special reason to try the other two? (I won't hesitate to do so if I see a great rate/itinerary.)

Right now the 3 are in flux with refurbs. Independence was recently refurb'd and Freedom gets her's next year. If you love Freedom, you will love Independence and Liberty.

. Bill what sailing are you looking at for 2020.

The one that occurs during our anniversary - 5/2. That one has an intinerary that appealed to me. I've been wanting to get back to Antigua since my 2014 visit.

Your Anniversary Cruise should be an enjoyable one. :) Last time we were to several of the Ports was back in 2006 then did a Western with friends out of Galveston last July which except for being with friends, we really didn't care for the ports, Cozumel Falmouth but liked Grand Cayman so the Southern Caribbean Ports was more appealing to the daughter & I for March of 2020.

Gay