"smaller balcony" on Anthem

We had a superior (regular -small balcony) on two 12 night cruises and we are considering a third. We prefer a larger room. Being able to tilt the chair back a bit with our feet up works well for us on this balcony. It was a tight squeeze when we placed the chairs side by side and fully inclined the chairs.

We also booked a guarantee and got 12314 which is a D2 with smaller balcony. I am under the impression that unless you are in a D1 you will ha e a "smaller" balcony.

we had cabin, 12134 all the way forward on deck 12. It was a lovely spacious cabin and the balcony size was just fine. We absolutely loved the Anthem, wonderful ship!

Our last 3 cruises on Anthem were in "smaller balcony" different categories. It isn't any smaller than balconies on other ships. If you read what it says regarding dimensions of the cabins, the "bigger balconies" have a smaller cabin area. All good, do not fret!!!

Marg

Our last 3 cruises on Anthem were in "smaller balcony" different categories. It isn't any smaller than balconies on other ships. If you read what it says regarding dimensions of the cabins, the "bigger balconies" have a smaller cabin area. All good, do not fret!!!

Marg

We have already done this cruise the post is old. Yes the balcony was fine, we loved every minute of our cruise on the Anthem!

We also booked a guarantee and got 12314 which is a D2 with smaller balcony. I am under the impression that unless you are in a D1 you will ha e a "smaller" balcony.

YES. . . THIS

We have had D7 and D6s on decks 9 and 10 and all said "smaller balcony" but they are all the same size except the larger D1 category. I freaked out the first time I saw it on the reservation but got clarification that it was not smaller. Check out exterior side photos of Anthem. They all look the same size.

We are in another D7 on upcoming cruise and though it says that again in our reservation, I've learned not to worry. And the balcony is a VERY nice size with 2 chairs that recline and two footstools, along with a small table.

It's stupid that RC put's that term in the description IMO. It should just have D1 "larger balcony".

• 11 months later...

hope maybe you can get this...did you like the room 12314..pros and cons to having this deck vs maybe say deck 9?? any thoughts on port side vs starboard?

Guest maddycat
There's another thread on this subject. Smaller balcony seems to be showing up on many confirmations. I'm booked in cabin 10250 which has a larger balcony for category D and my confirmation also says smaller balcony

We were in 10250 in May and really liked the cabin. The balcony is a little larger. We have the same cabin booked for our next two Anthem cruises.

hope maybe you can get this...did you like the room 12314..pros and cons to having this deck vs maybe say deck 9?? any thoughts on port side vs starboard?

We did sail in 12314. The room had a standard size balcony - Really only meant for 2 people. Sailing in November we were not able to use ithe balcony much.

The room was perfect for us because we were sailing with our 12 year old granddaughter and we were able to hop down the hall to the concierge lounge for coffee in the morning or have a quick drink in the evening.

We did sail in 12314. The room had a standard size balcony - Really only meant for 2 people. Sailing in November we were not able to use ithe balcony much.

The room was perfect for us because we were sailing with our 12 year old granddaughter and we were able to hop down the hall to the concierge lounge for coffee in the morning or have a quick drink in the evening.

Awesome thanks. Yea most rooms are only good for two at this size especially when that bed folds out but we have a little guy so it all works out. Can’t do suites unless it’s smaller less new ships. Lol