Cigar Lounge on Freedom of the seas

I'm looking at a B2B in 2/14, and the cigar lounge is one of the pluses for the Freedom, over some other options. Love the lounges, and the fellow lovers of the leaf in them.

I just looked at the Freedom's deck plans and could not find the cigar lounge. Where is it, please?

I just looked at the Freedom's deck plans and could not find the cigar lounge. Where is it, please?

Look on deck 5, forward, starboard side of the corridor to the Pharaoh's Palace Lounge. The venue is called the Connoisseur Club.

Edited by clarea

Look on deck 5, forward, starboard side of the corridor to the Pharaoh's Palace Lounge. The venue is called the Connoisseur Club.

Thanks, will be avoiding that area like the plague. Cigar smoke is unbearable to me, glad they have given you a place to go that is a great clublike atmosphere so that all passengers, including those inclined and uninclined to cigars, can be happy. Where else are smokers allowed to smoke? Keep in mind, I am not judging or complaining, I just want to plan accordingly. I grew up in a smoking household and since I moved out have always lived in a non smoking household but at least I understand and have watched the wild transition.

Thanks, will be avoiding that area like the plague. Cigar smoke is unbearable to me, glad they have given you a place to go that is a great clublike atmosphere so that all passengers, including those inclined and uninclined to cigars, can be happy. Where else are smokers allowed to smoke? Keep in mind, I am not judging or complaining, I just want to plan accordingly. I grew up in a smoking household and since I moved out have always lived in a non smoking household but at least I understand and have watched the wild transition.

You do not need to avoid the area. The Pharoah's Palace is a major destination for many forms of activities and entertainment. The Connoisseur Club has an excellent ventilation system, and if you didn't know what was going on in there, well, you wouldn't know what was going on in there.

The Connoisseur Club has an excellent ventilation system, and if you didn't know what was going on in there, well, you wouldn't know what was going on in there.

So, you're saying that what happens in the Connoisseur Club stays in the Connoisseur Club? ;)

So, you're saying that what happens in the Connoisseur Club stays in the Connoisseur Club? ;)

Hah! Now I am definitely staying out of there. Glad to hear they have a first class ventilation system. I am extremely sensitive, I don't like it, but it is the way I am. I just wanted to be aware.

Hah! Now I am definitely staying out of there. Glad to hear they have a first class ventilation system. I am extremely sensitive, I don't like it, but it is the way I am. I just wanted to be aware.

You will not smell a thing unless you open the door and actually go inside. Don't avoid that area as that's where the welcome back crown and anchor party and the Q&A with the captain and other events are held in pharoas palace.

Edited by ryano

fellow Cigar Smokers, Keep my Lounge ready for me on 9/16/12 Bon Voyage

Save a spot for me. I will be on this sailing as well. This is one of my favorite places on this ship. In Iowa, you cannot smoke indoors anywhere anymore except for at home, and at home, my wife won't fancy me enjoying a cigar indoors... so it is nice to be able to sit on a nice comfortable couch, relaxing with a good cigar.

The door the the Connoisseur Club is kinda recessed and unless you know where it is, it is easy to walk right by it and not even notice it. In fact, just opposite on the port side is a similar door going to a crew area. And like the others said, I don't think the smoke escapes the room, except maybe on the clothing of the folks exiting. ;)

The door the the Connoisseur Club is kinda recessed and unless you know where it is, it is easy to walk right by it and not even notice it. In fact, just opposite on the port side is a similar door going to a crew area. And like the others said, I don't think the smoke escapes the room, except maybe on the clothing of the folks exiting. ;)

You are so right! I was on the Freedom and used that stairwell near there on a daily bases....and never saw it :p I'm not an avid cigar smoker, but do enjoy the smell and a few puffs. Oh well, next time :)

Even though I do not smoke I love the CClub love the leather couches and chairs very relaxing and the people I have met in there were great it is a nice place to have an after dinner drink or just chill out.

The door the the Connoisseur Club is kinda recessed and unless you know where it is, it is easy to walk right by it and not even notice it. In fact, just opposite on the port side is a similar door going to a crew area.

Thanks ... I'll go on a recon mission on my first-day walkabout to make sure I can find it!!

• 2 weeks later...