what happens if you don't pre-book on Anthem

I made a reservation for "We Will Rock you" at somewhat of a strange time for me but it was all that was available. I read online that shows can get booked up and you will lose the chance to see them. I haven't yet booked Spectra's Cabaret or The Gift yet but was wondering...what happens if you don't get into these "big three?" Are there other shows or entertainment available? Can you go as a walk in? I prefer a more spontaneous time on-board but this seems to be the trend.

You can make reservations for better times once onboard the first day. You can also just wait until the show is about to start and head in, starting about 10 minutes prior...obviously you will have a harder time finding seats, especially for Spectra's. But if there's only a couple of you, you should be fine.

Other shows are headliners and comedians, there will probably be 2-3 of each, depending on the length of your sailing.

Do you pre-book the comedy shows before you book?

To answer your question, you don't have to pre-book the comedians on Anthem. While they do have comedians in the main theater, there isn't a separate comedy club. They are mainly for the welcome show, farewell show, late night and depending on the length of your sailing, may be featured in a variety show.

The only one I'd pre-book is Spectra's and get there early for a good seat. We got there 20 min early last week and got excellent seats.

We walked into We Will Rock You w/o a reservation. NorthStar too. Didn't reserve in advance and we got on it TWICE on a 5 nighter w/o waiting or a reservation.

You can use the RoyalIQ app to reserve shows too once onboard. Note they won't let you reserve the big 3 shows more than once per cruise on the app (WWRY, Spectra's, Gift).

In July, we walked in all the shows without reservations and were able to get good seats. Went to "We will Rock you" twice.

Best time to go on the NorthStar is when it opens on the first day(around 1- 1:30. No reservations required.

The only one I'd pre-book is Spectra's and get there early for a good seat. We got there 20 min early last week and got excellent seats.

We walked into We Will Rock You w/o a reservation. NorthStar too. Didn't reserve in advance and we got on it TWICE on a 5 nighter w/o waiting or a reservation.

You can use the RoyalIQ app to reserve shows too once onboard. Note they won't let you reserve the big 3 shows more than once per cruise on the app (WWRY, Spectra's, Gift).

Great advice. This was pretty much my exact same experience on Anthem.