Top 3 Specialty Restaurants on Oasis?

villager13

We would like to book three specialty restaurants ahead of time for our cruise in January. We have only been on one Royal Caribbean Cruise on the Freedom of the Seas so are not familiar with the restaurants on the Oasis. For those of you that have sailed on the Oasis and eaten at the specialty restaurants, what would be your top 3 recommendations?

We would like to book three specialty restaurants ahead of time for our cruise in January. We have only been on one Royal Caribbean Cruise on the Freedom of the Seas so are not familiar with the restaurants on the Oasis. For those of you that have sailed on the Oasis and eaten at the specialty restaurants, what would be your top 3 recommendations?

I've only done 150 Central Park, Chops Grille, and Giovanni's and my favourite of the three by far is Giovanni's. Haven't had a single thing off of the menu that's not a ten out of ten but mind you, I love Italian food. My girlfriend and I only pick cruises that have Giovanni's and we go at least twice per cruise.

Definitely Giovanni's. I wasn't that impressed with Chops on my last Oasis cruise, but it wasn't terrible. Love Izumi's. 150 Central Park has two menu that switch half week so I myself wouldn't book it till on ship and go down to look at the menus and choose which one you think you would like best.

Solarium Bistro, 150 Central Park and for us, usually Solarium Bistro again. Chops has no appeal and we weren't impressed when we dined there for. Free, so.Definitely not.paying for.it. Giovanni's was fair but not great the two.times we've tried it -and once our entire meal came out incorrect in each course

Sabor gets very high marks, definitely a more casual experience....Izumi would be great fun too.

So definitely Solarium Bistro and 150 Central Park for us, the other would likely be SB but maybe Sabor or Izumi..

Also a fan of 150 Central Park and Solarium Bistro. But, I can also understand them not being somebody's cup of tea. 150 CP, for example, has a set menu (last time on Allure I had no choice, but previously had a choice between two entrees.)

The only specialties I have not been to are Izumi for sushi and Giovanni's.

Also a fan of 150 Central Park and Solarium Bistro. But, I can also understand them not being somebody's cup of tea. 150 CP, for example, has a set menu (last time on Allure I had no choice, but previously had a choice between two entrees.)

The only specialties I have not been to are Izumi for sushi and Giovanni's.

I also love 150 Central Park - food, and service where several notches above any other specialty restaurant I was in - which was all of them.

Solarium Bistro, 150 Central Park and for us, usually Solarium Bistro again. Chops has no appeal and we weren't impressed when we dined there for. Free, so.Definitely not.paying for.it. Giovanni's was fair but not great the two.times we've tried it -and once our entire meal came out incorrect in each course

Sabor gets very high marks, definitely a more casual experience....Izumi would be great fun too.

So definitely Solarium Bistro and 150 Central Park for us, the other would likely be SB but maybe Sabor or Izumi..

Exactly our choice :D If I had to choose another it would be Sabor

If you enjoy a steak house, then Chops is very good. It has several appetizers, then a selection of steaks or a veal chop or a couple other options, and vegetable portions are generous. The desserts aren't too large, which is good because at that point you are pretty full.

Just off Oasis a couple of weeks ago. We did Giovanni's, Izumi for sushi, and Sabor.

Loved Giovanni's and booked a second night on our first night there. Loved the filet. The lamb chops were great.

Not that impressed with Izumi. Note, you can do Izumi for sushi or Izumi for Hibachi. No comment on Hibachi.

Sabor was good. Suggest the sampler. It's enough for two.

We're just not into steak houses. We prefer the ones I do at home.

We're on Allure in a few months. Already booked Giovanni's and Sabor. Booked Samba as well but that's not on Oasis.

Such a subjective question!!

If you LOVE good steaks, Chops is the best choice on the ship, but in our opinion (DH and three teen boys), the quality has not kept up with the price increases, so we tend to choose others and visit a nice steakhouse near home for a birthday celebration.

I LOVE Giovanni's but am in the minority of my family, I think because of the family style service. I would still say it's best if you have 6 + people so you get really bog variety of food

Solarium bistro is always good and a bargain and great food and variety. We always so there.

Izumi is awesome for sushi but we have a son with shellfish allergies so we will typically just do that for lunch one day when they are elsewhere.

Sabor is good but for us more casual so more of a lunch place.

We haven't done 150 because we have several food allergies on our family and there is not a whole lot of choice there. But even of that weren't the case, it has never held a huge appeal for me because of its lack of options.

One day we will do chefs table. One day! [emoji57]. We travel in big groups so it's just not feasible now, financially or otherwise.

Such a subjective question!!

If you LOVE good steaks, Chops is the best choice on the ship, but in our opinion (DH and three teen boys), the quality has not kept up with the price increases, so we tend to choose others and visit a nice steakhouse near home for a birthday celebration.

One day we will do chefs table. One day! [emoji57]. We travel in big groups so it's just not feasible now, financially or otherwise.

We were on Oasis for b2b cruises Nov 7 and 14. I had to send my steak back at CHOPS and the 2nd one wasn't much better. Asked for Med Rare and both times it was medium. DH's was fine....and he had Med Rare. :confused: We had a freebie from our TA so it was OK but definitely won't pay $39pp or even BOGO for it. I think the previous menu....with Porterhouse included...and better sides was much better. DH makes a much better filet at home so that's my choice if I want steak.

We enjoyed Chef's Table on the first night. It wasn't fully booked so they were offering it at a reduced price. Might be something you could do with your group. It was an amazing evening!

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise