Revamped Drink Packages beginning 9/6/16?

jules815

How do you know the package you got is without gratuities?

I'm not sure at all - if you buy the deluxe package online it says 'excluding gratuities' so I just assumed the included package would be the same - I may be wrong as someone said they probably include 18% if you try to buy the package so the advertised price 'looks' lower than the price someone would actually pay when checking out.

Where's the Hendricks and Bombay Sapphire gins??!! I got off the Serenade and they were on there.

While not listed in the individual spirits section, they list cocktails made with with both brands: Hendrick’s Cucumber Cocktail, Hendrick’s Cucumber Martini, Sapphire Collins.

If you have some time can you list the details of each one since we cannot see the details / costs?

Thank you

If you are asking for the US drink package details, I can tell you what I am seeing on my cruise reservation. KEEP IN MIND, the prices I am posting are WITH the 20% discount currently being offered and DOES NOT include the 18% gratuity.

DELUXE BEV PKG: Toast to virtually unlimited options on your vacation – wake up with premium coffee, tea, and fresh-squeezed juices, then keep cool onboard with non-alcoholic drinks and bottled still and sparkling water. Relax and unwind with premium and frozen cocktails, domestic and imported beers and a wide selection of wines by the glass.* Plus, enjoy a discount of 40% off bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100 in bars and dining rooms. $48.00/day

EVIAN BOTTLED WATER PKG: Fresh water from the French Alps is the perfect way to hydrate on your cruise. $39/day

REFRESHMENT PKG: Wake up with the aroma of your favorite freshly brewed premium coffee or tea and enjoy breakfast with fresh-squeezed juices. Keep hydrated all day long with unlimited fountain soda refills in your Coca-Cola souvenir cup or a refreshing bottle of still or sparkling water. At night, pull up a seat at the bar and order your choice of non-alcoholic cocktails. $26/day

CLASSIC SODA PKG: Drink up the savings and enjoy unlimited fountain soda refills for just a few dollars a day. Your complimentary Coca-Cola souvenir cup can be used at bars and lounges, or while dining at the Windjammer Café or main dining room. $8.50/day

Hope this helps. NO MORE Beer and Wine Package only.

I just checked our October Allure and there now is only one "Deluxe" drink package at $46 per day. I paid $44 with the 20% sale for the premium. As near as I can tell I will now get fresh squeezed juice and specialty coffee. Since I assume everybody will now become "deluxe".

I just checked our October Allure and there now is only one "Deluxe" drink package at $46 per day. I paid $44 with the 20% sale for the premium. As near as I can tell I will now get fresh squeezed juice and specialty coffee. Since I assume everybody will now become "deluxe".

And bottled sparkling water!:)

I'm not sure at all - if you buy the deluxe package online it says 'excluding gratuities' so I just assumed the included package would be the same - I may be wrong as someone said they probably include 18% if you try to buy the package so the advertised price 'looks' lower than the price someone would actually pay when checking out.

At final checkout they add the 18%. The "excluding gratuities" is the loss leader on the big advertisement then once you are hooked they stick it to you at checkout, just like most retailers.

I bought the premium at $44 per day back in May for our October Allure cruise and now it's gone away and replaced by the Deluxe at $46. It appears they added a few things to the deluxe that weren't in the premium, but nothing worth me paying the extra $2 for if they want me to "upgrade."

Edited by jamesr3939

At final checkout they add the 18%. The "excluding gratuities" is the loss leader on the big advertisement then once you are hooked they stick it to you at checkout, just like most retailers.

I bought the premium at $44 per day back in May for our October Allure cruise and now it's gone away and replaced by the Deluxe at $46. It appears they added a few things to the deluxe that weren't in the premium, but nothing worth me paying the extra $2 for if they want me to "upgrade."

Since you already purchased the premium, it should be automatically upgraded to the deluxe during your cruise. No need to pay more to get the deluxe. The cancel and then rebook ploy is when the deluxe is priced lower than what you paid for premium.

I apologize if this was already answered--

I noticed in my Cruise Planner an offer for 20% off the deluxe drink package. Does anyone know if the offer is for a limited time? Will the offer "disappear" if I don't grab it right away?

I noticed in my Cruise Planner an offer for 20% off the deluxe drink package. Does anyone know if the offer is for a limited time? Will the offer "disappear" if I don't grab it right away?

Unpredictable.

It's been going on since at least mid-Summer, so you can either assume it's at its end and buy it quick, or assume it's another one of their sales tactics where they call something a sale, but it stays there every week (mostly to capture new customers who think they got lucky and caught a sale). Who knows :/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, this has been confirmed.

Apparently it's changed

I was wondering if anyone has been on the ship recently to confirm if they did. I wrote an email to RCI and got this reply

Unfortunately, our beverage packages that include premium coffee and tea will not include drinks offered at Starbucks locations onboard. We truly regret any disappointment this may cause. Starbucks Gift Cards and Starbucks Cards are taken at the kiosk onboard the Harmony of the Seas, otherwise purchasing beverages from the Starbucks kiosk will be charged to your SeaPass card as a specialty beverage.

I would love to hear from someone on the oasis class ships if they know.

Apparently it's changed

I was wondering if anyone has been on the ship recently to confirm if they did. I wrote an email to RCI and got this reply

Unfortunately, our beverage packages that include premium coffee and tea will not include drinks offered at Starbucks locations onboard. We truly regret any disappointment this may cause. Starbucks Gift Cards and Starbucks Cards are taken at the kiosk onboard the Harmony of the Seas, otherwise purchasing beverages from the Starbucks kiosk will be charged to your SeaPass card as a specialty beverage.

I would love to hear from someone on the oasis class ships if they know.

Was on Harmony last week and there was a lot of confusion. Starbucks were saying nothing included, bar manager said yes but only basics coffee and tea.

Starbucks wanted to charge for anything other than espressos

Sent from my iPad using Forums