Norwegian Jade - 22 May 2017 - A Very British Isles Itinerary From Southampton

Dorothy's Friend

I have recently booked this exciting itinerary with my best mate of 37 years (separate inside cabins solo occupancy).

This is an itinerary I have wanted to do for many years and now I am doing it on my favourite ship of my favourite cruise line.

Early days, but is anyone joining us?:)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi. I'm booked on this one. I think we've met on a TA in recent years..

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Craig! Welcome to this thread. I am sure we have met before on TAs, I have done quite a few with NCL & Royal Caribbean. I am looking forward to doing this itinerary in particular as for years I have wanted to do a British Isles cruise and the Norwegian Jade is my favourite ship.

I've not done Jade before. It's been Epic, Breakaway, Getaway, Escape and Spirit (which I love). Also done a few Royal like Indy, Allure, Harmony and Anthem

I too liked the Norwegian Spirit and the Epic of course [it has an unique personality) and I did the Breakaway inaugural Atlantic Crossing. Getaway & Escape I have not done. I am not a big fan of Royal Caribbean and have an ABTA complaint running at the moment so I have not done many of its ships but the Independence I have done and disliked it.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just a few weeks now. Any others onboard?

This thread does seem a little spartan does it not? Maybe British LGBT family do not use Cruise Critic. I have just got off the Epic after a 23 day crossing of the Atlantic from Port Canaveral followed by a round trip to the Canaries. The Atlantic crossing was fantastic, meeting up with old friends and making new ones. There were over 100 attending the LGBT gathering at 19:00hrs in Bliss the first few nights. The 9 night Canaries was not quite a nightmare but close to it with so many British Chavs and their out of control kids. Not an experience I want to suffer again and I hope this cruise is not a repetition.

• 3 weeks later...

It is a real shame that very few people joined this thread. I cannot help thinking there will be very few members of the LGBT family aboard for this cruise. Never mind, I have bought my Spa Pass in advance for those quietly hopeful moments.:');)

From the main role call it seems mainly American couples on this cruise. I guess the American family members only like hot weather sun-bathing cruises which of course this one won't be!

:( Never mind. It is quite a port intensive cruise so no doubt I will keep myself occupied